Change the useless DC penalty system

I am sick to death of this useless DC penalty system. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a DC penalty system but when I'm being penalised for something I haven't done. Well let's just say I'm close to stopping playing this rubbish! BHVR have had NOTHING but issues with this system since they introduced it. They've had to disable it sooooo many times due to issues! (I.E. Streamers been given 48 hour bans somehow by stream snipers)

I now get a ban if the session expires, if someone disconnects whilst loading or even if the killer rage quits, this is absolutely ridiculous!

I'm currently sat at a 24 hour ban because your game keeps messing up! The first two 5 minute bans were due to my "Session Expiring" MID-MATCH (which seems to be a common issue going from Reddit and Facebook posts)

One 15 minute ban was the game abruptly ending saying a player had DCed from the match whilst loading ... The issue here is one gen had already been popped as it was mod match! (Again looking online, others have posted about this happening and receiving a penalty for it)

The second 15 minute one was because the KILLER rage quit! We managed to pop all 5 gens without being so much as chased as we were all so good at hiding! He rage quit, we all got our points and the 5000 BP for escaping BUT I get a penalty because the killer DCed! I can't be too mad at this one because we did kind of waste his party streamers so maybe it was deserved ๐Ÿคฃ

I will admit, the next match I had I did actually DC. Two Blendettes, 2 gens left to do, nothing being done. After 30 minutes of looking round the map, patrolling the gens etc I gave up and just stood there and went and got some lunch. Came back about 20 minutes later and the game was STILL going. No gens had been done, no noises from crows (so obviously moving around). I didn't have any perks to help try and find them. What more could I really do? ๐Ÿ˜• Killers should be given the option to open the exit gate at any time, regardless how many gens have been done to stop games being held hostage ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ you report them for griefing in game but nothing ever happens!

I then once again get into a match and half way through get booted out due to error 500... Get back to the lobby and I've been given a 6 hour penalty ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ - WHAT THE ****???? Can your stupid pile of **** not tell the difference between an intentional DC and the game ****ing up? ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I come on again today (big mistake, I should have waited for another 24 hours to reset the last ban) - I get into a game as a killer after waiting ages. Four players all with flashlights. Stick Franklin's and an ebony on. Game loading in. 2 minutes later still loading................ Error 500, A player disconnected whilst loading.

Matchmaking locked: TWENTY FOUR HOURS! ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก - What an absolute ****ing steaming pile of ****ing ****!!!!

This system is ****ING GARBAGE! You are penalising people unfairly because you can't get your game to work right. Meanwhile the toxic ones who do DC every match just switch to a smurf account and continue where they left off!!!

Why not have a system that looks at a players playing history? If they've played 1000 games and have only ever DCed from 10 of them, then they are obviously not a rage quitter so why should they be penalised? If they've played 1000 games and have DCed from 200 of them, then they're more than likely a rage quitter and so should be penalised. It's a very simple system that other games use, why can't you?

Comments

  • Let me summorize my answer in a couple of points:

    1. Clearly, the DC penalty must be bugged. Or let me say, the lobbies/matches are bugged. Obviously turning it off for the time being would be the ideal scenario but we get what we get,
    2. NO GAME can detect if you're quitting because you wanted to or the game messed up. If you had any encounter with a game does that please enlighten me,
    3. And with your last thing I can agree - even something simple like you get one dc freeby if you didn't dc in "x" matches would be good.
  • Yep, I would say contact the devs and explain but they didn't give a rats when I contacted them about it

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SX92tofWg


  • DC penalty is good just dont dc ez

  • @Viktor1853 said:

    DC penalty is good just dont dc ez

    Did you even read it or see the video I posted? The game is punishing people when OTHER people DC from the game which is totally unfair! #Troll

  • @TheresAGameInYourBug said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1995930#Comment_1995930

    Did you even read it or see the video I posted? The game is punishing people when OTHER people DC from the game which is totally unfair! #Troll

    Fell for the baiy

  • Milo said "NO GAME can detect if you're quitting because you wanted to or the game messed up." That's not accurate. A game is just another program and most of the modern programming languages have exception handling.

    The developers can put an exception handler at the top of the code to catch any exceptions not caught elsewhere. Using this technique, they can tell if someone is quitting or the game is crashing. People shouldn't get penalized for crashes.

    If the cause of the failure is loss of connection, they can log it and watch for patterns. If someone has a pattern of disconnecting after being hooked or knocked down, they should get banned.

    Not sure why they're not doing that.

  • @Kurosamurai said:

    Milo said "NO GAME can detect if you're quitting because you wanted to or the game messed up." That's not accurate. A game is just another program and most of the modern programming languages have exception handling.

    The developers can put an exception handler at the top of the code to catch any exceptions not caught elsewhere. Using this technique, they can tell if someone is quitting or the game is crashing. People shouldn't get penalized for crashes.

    If the cause of the failure is loss of connection, they can log it and watch for patterns. If someone has a pattern of disconnecting after being hooked or knocked down, they should get banned.

    Not sure why they're not doing that.

    because its easy to "crash" an application