A way to buff Self Preservation.
I feel the new perk Self Preservation is way too weak and won't be used a lot or possibly at all. I have a buff for it.
I would say to make it so that whenever another survivor gets hit by you you gain a small 5 or 7% haste status effect for 10 seconds and you don't leave scratch marks. That way its easier to get away. What do you think?
Comments
I Think they should get rid of the scratch mark effect and do that, when a survivor is hit near you ideally you want to take the heat off them.
If they keep it as it is the perk is complete trash and not worth running on any build simply because it is a bad idea to not try to get the killer off that injured survivor.
edit: I don't care what the name means, i am only looking at this perk in terms of balance and usefulness and it hurts you in the long run.
I see what you mean but that defeats the purpose of her perk as it is called “Self Preservation”, an ultimately selfish perk. Having it benefit others would not make sense for her perceived character and the perk’s intended purpose.
I think it would be best to either include the scratch mark loss to where the user is hit it activates as well.
Yeah your right. I would just keep both scratch marks and haste status.
if you are running "self-preservation", no... you don't wanna take the heat off someone else
Yeah i know i'm just saying that style of play will actually kill you since your team won't last as long hence disregarding the name and meaning behind the perk it completely sucks even it's effect sucks.
I think the only thing they can do to not make it suck is just giving it a new effect it's just not worth running, ever.
That's a good idea. As the perk is now, I really have no idea what they're trying to accomplish with it. Seeing as many/most killers run BBQ, you don't really want to run away from them when they're about to hook someone. If you get far enough your aura is seen, defeating the entire purpose of not having any scratch marks..
I like that their are some perks in the game that are actually selfish in nature even if they’re usual self sabotaging in a team play aspect. It would be boring if all perks encouraged and revolve around teamwork. Idk if it’s just me but having one viable strategy of escape is massively boring. Even if surviving solo is harder and less likely to happen it is still possible and perks like self preservation only lessens that difficulty. Even if their effects “suck”.
I Think this buff gives the survivors a choice. If they want to use it to save someone else they can but if they want to use it to get away then you can as well.
Honestly self preservation is the most interesting new survivor perk to me. I dont imagine it is good but it does interest me enough to try it out. The other two are just outright not good.