Unspoken Dbd Rules

I was just thinking about all the little nuanced communications in the game and the sort of etiquette the community has formed.

I just learned about the Pig snoot booping, so I was wondering how many more things like that there are. (i.e. If I kobe off last hook, you HAVE to give me hatch, waving your arms around while hooked to let people know it's safe, etc)

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    Okay folks, calm down. i think the OP understands there are no rules.

    However, there are little memes this community has developed that even some of the most hardcore among us dip in. I for one am a sucker for a pig snoot boop.

    It's fallen out of favor, but occasionally you'll find an OG who still does this. In the first year of this game, there was something Admiral Bahroo used to do, and that was what he called the "Basement Lottery"

    The idea is to take the last survivor into the basement if there's a chest left unopened in it. You smack the chest repeatedly till the survivor you're carrying takes the hint and wiggles off. Survivor then gets to open the chest for free to decide their fate.

    if it's anything but a flashlight, smack the survivor down and put them on a basement hook. If its' a flashlight, bob your head up and down and let them blind you, then go help them find the hatch as they just won the lottery.

    I've both won and lost this lottery in the past as a survivor, but I could never find a survivor who understood my intention when I've tried this myself - so I kinda gave up after awhile.

    I’ve never heard of the lottery thing before. That sounds fun so I may have to try it myself, though like you said most survivors probably won’t understand what’s going on

  • @GannTM said:

    Survivors and killers both have made up rules that we need to follow and if we don’t, we’re toxic and/or trash. Never listen to them.

    It's very interesting how someone will reach out to say "your toxic, trash" that's why they are by doing that.. 🤣

  • @Pat00tSack said:

    I was just thinking about all the little nuanced communications in the game and the sort of etiquette the community has formed.

    I just learned about the Pig snoot booping, so I was wondering how many more things like that there are. (i.e. If I kobe off last hook, you HAVE to give me hatch, waving your arms around while hooked to let people know it's safe, etc)

    This Is BS.. play as you have fun if the game allows it..

    Of your too sentimental this game is not for you.. is about surviving or get killed for God sake..

  • I feel like people may have taken my title a little too literally... I just wanted to know the little things like snoot booping and stuff that has become 'a thing' in the game (or little things you've personally come up with in groups you may play with), not that they're the a b s o l u t e law. I had no idea that other people had used the arm flapping to warn for camping, so that was news to me.

  • @Pat00tSack said:

    I feel like people may have taken my title a little too literally... I just wanted to know the little things like snoot booping and stuff that has become 'a thing' in the game (or little things you've personally come up with in groups you may play with), not that they're the a b s o l u t e law. I had no idea that other people had used the arm flapping to warn for camping, so that was news to me.

    TBH, most people seem to understand that the killer is camping on the way to the hook (unless they're using Insidious, of course).

    Personally, I throw my arms up if they're just camping so they have to listen to the survivor grunt and moan (covering other sounds), and twitch lightly if the killer was camping, but just left.

    So far, this seems to work.


    Also, I'm told two evenly-spaced taps of crouch is a salute or "thank you."

1 2 ›