Queue times are ridiculous

I really feel like the queue times are way too long. Some days it's one minute, and some days it's 5-15 mins and I'm in green ranks with Crossplay on. With already 25000-35000 players on Steam at a time, I can't imagine how many console players there are, and I usually get them in my games more than PC players. I have literally cleaned my apartment on days where these queue times are 15 mins long and I ask my friends to text me when it's ready. Especially when games that sometimes last 4 mins due to a Billy or Bubba, it feels like the largest waste of time. I just want to make sure I'm not crazy and it's not because of me. If it isn't me, this feels like something that NEEDS to be fixed.

Comments

  • They can't fix it as it's something beyond their control. The game is asymmetrical so there needs to be 4 survivors for every killer. Let's say you had 32,000 people playing survivor, you would need 8000 killers for everyone to get into a game (a ratio of 4:1)

    However if there are only 2000 killers, then that'll mean long wait times for the survivors as there aren't enough killers available for games. If it was 32,000 survivors and 12,000 killers, then all those survivors would get into a game but it'd be a long wait for the killers as there aren't enough survivors available.

    The only thing BHVR can do is try to encourage more people to change roles at times of demand... But ultimately it's the players choice what they wanna play

  • @TheresAGameInYourBug said:

    They can't fix it as it's something beyond their control. The game is asymmetrical so there needs to be 4 survivors for every killer. Let's say you had 32,000 people playing survivor, you would need 8000 killers for everyone to get into a game (a ratio of 4:1)

    However if there are only 2000 killers, then that'll mean long wait times for the survivors as there aren't enough killers available for games. If it was 32,000 survivors and 12,000 killers, then all those survivors would get into a game but it'd be a long wait for the killers as there aren't enough survivors available.

    The only thing BHVR can do is try to encourage more people to change roles at times of demand... But ultimately it's the players choice what they wanna play

    Pretty much this. To boil it all down, more killers are needed. Please also play killer.

    It'll make you a better survivor in the long run, you earn bloodpoints way way faster, and you help with the queue times.