Ps4 skill checks

Just wanted to see if anyone else has this issue on ps4 or 5. So like today I try to play survivor and press to hit the skill check but it’s delayed, approximately like a finger or two on the screen, which means I have to press before so it stops after a delay which is an inch or so on my screen and than after a few days I can press and it stops right away and I can get great skill checks again. It changes every few days and it’s very annoying and it happens all the time.

Comments

  • Been experiencing the same issues PS4 side. Exact same problem happened when Twins were released and devs took a month to fix it. Wondering how long this time...

  • I uninstalled on PS4 once I got it on PS5 so I don't know. On Switch it was really bad. Might be a FPS issue.

  • I've been saying this. Console skill checks are sometimes stuttery, especially in indoor maps. But they're also inconsistent. Sometimes they're generous because they give you a great skill check you clearly didn't hit, and sometimes they're stupid because you hit it right on the great mark and it blows up the gen.

  • Can confirm this was an atrocious issue when playing in docked mode on the Switch back when I still played there so it seems related to consoles. PC checks are definitely fine. @OniWantsYourMacaroni you experienced anything like this?

  • Same experience on the ps5. I just got a new TV and I was thinking that was the cause, but if other people are experiencing it then it has to be something else (I hope).

  • they are the same to me as they always were.

    I do think they got a bit smoother after the hud update

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Can confirm this was an atrocious issue when playing in docked mode on the Switch back when I still played there so it seems related to consoles. PC checks are definitely fine. @OniWantsYourMacaroni you experienced anything like this?

    Thanks,

    Hmm,it does seem a bit inconsistent sometimes.

    They are fine most of the time though (I always have that slight delay you were talking about OP),but they definetely can get stuttery here and there

  • Fine on most maps for me, but springwood last night was atrocious

  • Have noticed freezes outside the usual fps drops. Usually on the reworked maps.

  • I play the PS5 version and skill checks have actually gotten easier for me. I have yet to miss an overcharge skill check. My GF plays the PS4 version on both our PS5 and PS4 and I haven't noticed any issues from those either