Feedback on my idea to give clown more map pressure
My main idea for clown was to give him three different levels of intoxicated against survivors the more they are exposed to his afterpiece tonic.
"In level one or intoxicated of this (achieved by a survivor being stuck in the afterpiece tonic gas for 3 seconds). The afflicted survivor will suffer from impaired vision like when he is stuck in the tonic, but permanent and less strong. It would make it harder to see further than 24 meters (maybe even mess with aura reading perks).
In level two or heavily intoxicated (achieved by touching a survivor being hit by being stuck in the afterpiece tonic gas for about 3-5 seconds after being in intoxicated), the survivor suffers from a permanent 5% hindered effect, the blurred vision from the first level, and will coughing violently for about 5 seconds after running.
Finally, in level 3 or suffocating (achieved by a survivor being stuck in gas from the afterpiece tonic for about 3 seconds after already being heavily intoxicated), the survivor will have all of the previous effects but every 30-45 seconds they start to suffocate and have to perform some sort of action to recover (about 12 seconds maybe? Like mending). During this action, their blurred vision should be increased to be more intense and made to be really hard to see past 16-18 meters. The survivor will maybe crouch down and cough while trying to catch their breath. Being hit while in this state will instantly down the survivor so it would force the survivor to stop whatever they are doing or else. (can totally be changed if it is a bit too powerful or be done with an addon)."
This is what my main idea was in my post regarding clown, but no one really talked about it and got sidetracked. Please try to stay on topic here so I can see what you all think.
Comments
I think this is stepping to much into doctor’s territory and would remove some of clown’s uniqueness. I’d rather he stay a chase focused killer
No disrespect on the amount of thought you’ve put into this, but I can 100% confidently say that Clown doesn’t need the ability to move around the map faster.
Clown exerts his pressure by ending chases insanely fast, and regularly leaving a great deal of them slugged. He seriously exerts a lot of pressure simply by having one chase quickly ended after another.
I feel like his 3sec reloading makes he's really dangerous in chase. Since survivor barely have a chance to escape with that short time. While being slowed down doesnt solve his map pressure problem.
I think Increase his reloading time (6sec), but doesnt slowed down. That will make him punished if he makes mistake in chase. But he will always prepared after he traveling to other side of the map, and ready to make chase.
I wasn't giving him more speed, but rather some more pressure and in this case a little slowdown with utility. This is still a rough idea so I am unsure what to do with this, but I just want to give clown more map pressure. His 1v1 as i have said can be good sometimes, but it is still relatively weak and he has nothing else.
The second you lose flow of the match as clown, you are done, or rather the gens are in this case. I wanted to give him something that makes sense with his power and gives him something more.
I don't think this should happen, he is already the weakest killer even with his buffs. The last thing he needs is more punishment to his power.
I like the idea of clown getting jack in the box traps that have addons to change the effects of the traps (plus it would reference the pop goes the weasel icon). Traps could either pop out and hit a survivor, release an effect like his bottles, or just be a temporary barrier) They would greatly help his map pressure and make his chases more interesting. Take away antidote