Will traps stop a action?

I want to test something but didn't had the opportunity to test it.

When I place a trap by a gen, the survivor starts to repair and I have the auto open addon. Will the trap stop the repairing or will the survivor get trapped after he finished the gen?

Comments

  • I don't think it does, I'm pretty sure I saw someone test this when Iridescent stone was released. It does not interrupt the action, but as soon as they stop performing the action, they get trapped.

  • That's a really interesting question actually LMAO

    you'll probably wanna get a group of curious minded survivors and do a KYF lobby. Set up four traps around a 4 man gen (like a middle of killer shack gen), let them disarm, and then wait for them to open up. They can blow skill checks every now and then to make sure the gen doesn't finish before one of the traps opens up LMAO

  • I think there was a video of Otz placing a trap with Iri stone at the Switch Box after getting 4 stacks of Remember me.

  • I don't think you can place traps that close to the gens, but you can do this with the exit gates.

  • Here's what will happen:

    • With the Iri addon for trapper that reopens traps, if you placed a trap by a generator, a survivor disabled it and starts to repair the gen, after x amount of seconds if there are no other traps closed, the trap below the survivor will open and trap the survivor.
    • This also works with gates, if u have Remember Me, from Freddy, you can place a trap by the exit gate, wait for someone to disable it, and after x amount of seconds, that trap will reopen at the survivors feet. With Remember Me, the trap has more than enough time to reopen while the survivor is performing the opening action
    • The MOMENT a trap REOPENS it will trap the survivor, there is no delay.

    TL;DR Yes, Traps will stop an action, Traps have priority over any other action, except dead hard. You can dead heard over traps to avoid them.

  • ^ complete answer.

  • if you're in the middle of disarming and dead set on slamming your gen probably not