Why Mmr won't work for killers

Was watching a tydetime stream where a review of the emblem system showed some glaring problems. Now with his opinions aside and simply going off of the facts of how the emblems are designed showed that an MMR system will not be able to categorize and properly match Killers with survivors of their level.

I do believe that survivors will benefit from an MMR to be better matched with other survivors. Survivor emblems are better designed to completely reflect a player's input within a match allowing for tracking of performance.

Killer will suffer in pairing as the devs have left win conditions fairly open to interpretation, so much so that many of the community argue for their own "house rules" over the actual results given at end screen. Emblems sorely lack a reflection of killer input but instead mirrors survivors performance as a result of the killer's presence.

I won't list everything as the video posted on youtube is faster and more in-depth regarding how performance can negatively impact emblems.

So for players both killer and survivors, if we want better matchmaking all around;

How can killer emblems change to better reflect their actions so that mmr can place them accurately with the right skill level of survivor?

If you'd like to see the emblem breakdown, the video is on youtube and titled under( tyde talks #4 hook vs kills debate). Not sure when the emblem system is mentioned as I watched it live. If anyone has the exact time it would be appreciated.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I think without knowing exactly how the MMR is calculated it's really difficult to say that it won't work - all this is assuming it's based around the current emblems, which we don't know it will be.

  • Who said that the MMR even uses emblems to decide how high or low to rate a killer?


    Also, there are still ways for a reflection of how well survivors do against a killer to be useful.

  • Honestly I'm fine with this outcome

    All I want from MMR is better SoloQ teammates

    Though the system will most likely just be used to silence matchmaking complaints i.e. "Ranks aren't used for matchmaking, your matches are actually balanced you big dummy"

  • @MandyTalk

    Fair point, it may not use emblems at all. I sincerely hope that whatever system they do implement to calculate this reflects the killer's individual input.

    I find the context of how a match is played is just as important as the end results. Killing everyone and still losing pips shows that flat kill rates are a bad measure of skill.