Why is matchmaking all over the place after update?

I am usually not one complaining about teammates but I am getting paired with very new players for some reason.

I had some decent games before this update paired with all kinds of ranks and a good amount was experienced. Now it is like playing totally different game.

Comments

  • Im a red rank killer main and I have been vs teams of like two rank 16s a Seven and a Four its literally every game I'm vs all colors of the rainbow.

  • @shane32 said:

    Im a red rank killer main and I have been vs teams of like two rank 16s a Seven and a Four its literally every game I'm vs all colors of the rainbow.

    Yeah and now I am facing some newish killers too and before it was mostly red and purple ranks. I feel so out of the place tbh lol.

  • The matchmaking is super messed up. I feel like I get the worst of both worlds as survivor. In solo que, the killer is purple rank and my teammates are yellows. In SWF, just because we have 1 red rank, the killer is always red rank. This is forced smurfing as a game mechanic.

  • My first instinct is the update turned on MMR again before it was ready to come back, but that's 100% speculation on my part...

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    The matchmaking is super messed up. I feel like I get the worst of both worlds as survivor. In solo que, the killer is purple rank and my teammates are yellows. In SWF, just because we have 1 red rank, the killer is always red rank. This is forced smurfing as a game mechanic.

    I am always the only red rank in my solo games now, but I wouldn't mind if other ranks were somewhat experienced like before.

  • @LordRegal said:

    My first instinct is the update turned on MMR again before it was ready to come back, but that's 100% speculation on my part...

    How did mmr work? I took a long break and didn't play when it was active. Will I get more experienced teammates when I play more and do well?

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1967679#Comment_1967679

    How did mmr work? I took a long break and didn't play when it was active. Will I get more experienced teammates when I play more and do well?

    It was a completely broken system...they weren't clear at all about how it worked but good killers were getting matched against baby survivors with a weird degree of regularity, and vice versa. They claimed it would be a good way to match players of similar skill (because we all know rank doesn't dictate skill) but it really just did not work at all.

    They disabled it after a couple weeks and said they'd keep working on it to bring it back once it worked, but we haven't heard much since.

  • @LordRegal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1967687#Comment_1967687

    It was a completely broken system...they weren't clear at all about how it worked but good killers were getting matched against baby survivors with a weird degree of regularity, and vice versa. They claimed it would be a good way to match players of similar skill (because we all know rank doesn't dictate skill) but it really just did not work at all.

    They disabled it after a couple weeks and said they'd keep working on it to bring it back once it worked, but we haven't heard much since.

    Damn. I remember having high hopes for mmr. But something is really weird now for me for sure. I am waitting for a long time just to play with new people. Look at this.

    20210223_220117.jpg

    I am very confused. Every game is like this for me now.

    Edit: Even ping became bad too.

    Edit2: I am done I can't play like that unless they fix this. I will play other games for now.

    Edit3: Tried again and thank god had two games with good teammates. It is getting better thankfully.