So, before the teasers start rolling out, what do you think Chapter 19 will entail?

Hello again forum users!

I want to start out on a positive note because during times like these, we could all use a bit of uplifting. I hope that you all have been having a wonderful time with lots of love from those you hold dear to you. :)

Now, with the actual topic discussion. Since we could be looking at teasers or hints as early as later this week, I thought it would be fun to get some last minute hopes/wants/speculation in before we get some official news on it. For me on a personal level, I would really want this chapter to be a another licensed chapter. I feel like only having one chapter out of the chapters released in their roadmap is kind of heartbreaking, to me at least. Maybe I've just grown accustomed to having a few chapters be licensed, I'm not sure. Either way, as to what I could guess to the license that would come with it, have zero idea and that's always the fun part. As long as it isn't Jeepers Creepers, then I would be happy with a LOT of the license picks. :D

With all that said though, I expect a original chapter and, I'm completely fine with that as well but, what do you all think and or would like to see come out of the contents from the next chapter?

Comments

  • A killer that's better than the twins because there has been almost nothing good since blight

  • @onemind said:

    A killer that's better than the twins because there has been almost nothing good since blight

    ...Blight was literally the chapter before the Twins lmao

  • @scenekiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1970331#Comment_1970331

    ...Blight was literally the chapter before the Twins lmao

    Exactly almost 6 months with no decent update

  • @Lexilogo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1967830#Comment_1967830

    It's funny you bring that up, given the speculation about a "tech killer". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Child's Play (2019 reboot) was actually themed around modern tech toys.

    Though, I'm hoping that is not the case, because the reboot not only wasn't great (like the way DbD was stuck with Reboot Freddy, too...) but the Child's Play reboot stamped on the creator's wishes and legacy in an even more nasty way than the Nightmare on Elm Street reboot.

    Part of me feels like a Resident Evil chapter is the community hyping itself up. The "watch the stars" hint could definitely be a Nemesis clue, but I remember the evidence pointing towards a possible Candyman chapter.

    A FNAF Killer... Personally, I would be more inclined to bet on BHVR creating an original Killer that riffs on the concept. Honestly it's such a surreal idea, I don't think I can properly measure its probability, though. I mean, I remember when the original FNAF was first taking off and someone on the Steam Forums for Payday 2 suggested a FNAF heist. More importantly, the way they've styled the glitches really doesn't imply FNAF in any way, shape or form. The series has never used a black and white colourscheme like that.

    The recent Invisible Man reboot is actually a technology-based killer and while I haven't seen the movie, I've heard it's solid. There's also sequel(s?) apparently in the works right now, and it's honestly the best fit possible for a Universal monster amongst the DbD Killers, as the others really wouldn't fit the game's tone whatsoever. The modern version of the Invisible Man, I could kind of imagine.

    With that said, my personal guess is that it's an original Killer and I won't be able to really pin down what it is. I kinda wondered if it would be the "Terra Dark" Killer mentioned in the Tome arcus files, but nope, it mentions she lured her victim(s) in with "classified ads" presumably in newspapers, seemingly not via the Internet.

    I like your ideas, while I am skeptical if it is Fnaf or Childs play, I don't think its RE. But If it was either FNAF or RE, I'll be happy as hell. If it isn't. Well then that would honestly be the most hurtful prank of teasers so far, I really want it to happen.

1 2 ›