Is Overcharge any good?
I levelled up Doctor to level 35 to unlock Monitor and Abuse as a teachable and am wondering now should I unlock Overcharge as a teachable as well? Since he's already close to the right level anyway.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Combine it with a generator hex like Ruin or Lullaby and Unnerving Presence and it is truly evil.
I used overcharge for quite some time and decided to drop it. Just like with unnerving presence it doesn't work on good players because they pass the skill check easily.
You can compare the skill check difficultly with that from DS.
Lullaby adds a twist for sure! You have a tactic there
But does Unnerving Presence influence DS or Overcharge at all? There is no chance involved because they pop instantly and the success zone doesn't get smaller I think?
Good info! thanks a lot. I will try them out.
yes very. As survivor I am always surprised I fail so many spellchecks when Lullaby is fully charged. Its a sneaky perk for sure.
My main is piggy. I am thinking now to run Unnerving Presence. Overcharge, Monitor & Abuse en Distressing. Must be massive when I get out of stealth.
I'm not even good with survivor and I can easily pass the overcharge skill checks. On top of that, the gen regression is only 5% if they even fail a skill check. It takes a survivor just a few seconds to make up that progression. One of the most overrated perks IMO, I will never use it.There's too many other good perks that can be used instead.
Skillcheck builds only work against bad survivors.
If you derank to play in low ranks, then sure its a great perk but if you wanna do well with your build against competent teams, then you will have to look for another one
It's okay, but it's one of those that shines way more if it's in combination with other Perks.
I myself can hit Overcharge Skill Checks just fine, even the first one cause i always expect them to pop.
It's when someone runs a good Hex: Huntress Lullaby or Unnerving Presence that things start getting really ugly.
I wouldn't depend solely on all those Perks btw.
An Overcharge Skill Check made smaller by Unnerving Presence can just be countered by not touching the Generator until the Terror Radius is gone.
And Hex: Huntress Lullaby is a Hex Perk, not to mention Survivors know about its existence as soon as they repair Generators.
It's no fool proof plan and even good Doctors can lose the Hex very fast thanks to RNG.
Overcharge is a good and fun perk until mid-ranks, but in high ranks it's wasted most of the times.
I cam actually farm bloodpoints with him better than doc
How though
I ran it for about 8 hours tonight and was suprised at how well it did. This was in red ranks too. Use it.
Overcharge is an awful perk. You won't even get the gen regression most of the time because it's the same skill check as DS or BNP. That's a skill check that survivors have hit a million times before and will continue to hit a million times. The only way to make them not hit is to be Doctor, get them into Tier 2 or have a whole bunch of anti-skill check perks (which probably still won't work).
The other big problem with is a problem discussed many times before, that being that survivors can hit the skill check telekinetically. Yes, if they tap the gen in a chase and then move away from it, the prompt will follow them. It's stupid. No other skill check works like this. Only Overcharge.
And even if a miracle happens and Overcharge does go off? Guess what, it's only FIVE PERCENT. It's a perk that doesn't work most of the time and when it does it does 5 times less damage than Pop, a perk that is far more consistent..
I'm not sure there is wny useful part of overcharge, especially given it gives survivors telekinesis so it doesn't even have the main benefit giving survivors a skill check would even have as they don't have to stay on the gen to hit it.