Total Imbalance Leads to Total Loss of Interest (In Gameplay)
Previously I had written the DbD team about the imbalance of this game in survivors vs. killers, the sheer lack of unfair gameplay for survivors being extremely obvious. Struggle time being too long, re-use of hooks being a constant issue, and especially camping by killers, a problem that seems to almost always be present with killers, amongst many, many other ridiculous unbalanced advantages for killers.
I happily discovered I received a response from the dev team, noting my feedback and they were taking this into consideration. Finally, after playing for a bit with friends, I couldn't take the constant b.s. that was being fed to me, as a survivor, loss after loss piling up seemingly endlessly. Thus with my extreme irritation in hand, I left the game for a time to go play other games, hoping for an improvement in an update eventually.
Recently, however, I returned only to discover not only has the steady stream of BS has not only remained, survivors have been nerfed even further (run speed is slower, repairing generators takes longer, and fov seems smaller for example) and killers have improved here and there with buffs. I don't know if I'm the only one that feels this way, but I feel an extreme decrease in desire to play this game going into effect.
As of this evening, I am strongly considering simply removing the game from all my platforms and never looking back. I despise this level of imbalance with survivors, and can't stand no-win scenarios (or what is very, very close to them). I get that survival and winning isn't going to be easy and always happen, and I wouldn't want it to be that way with too much power going to the survivors either. I want a good challenge, but one that can be won here and there with a good amount of skill and effort (and perhaps a little luck), an area I don't feel I really am lacking in.
I used to be able to do this at least a little bit (before everyone started playing almost nothing but the most ruthless of killers from DLC which are heavily overpowered (Ghost Face, Pyramid Head, Freddy Kruger, etc.) and back when the imbalance isn't wasn't so bad. Now, playing as a survivor (which I do often because it's the only real way to play with 1 or 2 friends) means a loss and slaughter pretty much every single time I go into a match.
Only if the player is incompetent, uses a not so overpowered killer, or just doesn't care does the match go even a little bit fairly; and then the game often feels too much like an easy win, not being a challenge at all. Rare is it to find a killer with the proper balance of ability and skill to make the match truly enjoyable.
It's too bad, too, because I really liked this game, having all the potential and appeal that it once had. Now it may simply just end up one of those games that goes into the "trash" and never comes back out again. I have no interest in being placed into matches that feel endlessly like cows being driven to the slaughter. Might as well go to a meat packing plant and watch them just die over and over again. See how long interest in that lasts.
Comments
This is an asymmetrical horror game. Note the word asymmetrical. The game isn't supposed to be perfectly balanced. This is probably the only asymmetrical game that isn't so unbalanced one side is incredibly oppressed every single match. Play the game for fun mate, not to win.