Key Rework Idea
Heyyy
These last weeks I got (too much) key players, you know, 4SWF with the hatch and map offering and an iridescent key + map. I got robbed several adepts so it totally messed with me x)
And so I thought about a way to rework or nerfing keys. And I came with an idea that could be cool, more of rework, that is :
- Keys can only open hatch when found during the game (only Iri and purple, keeping the same function).
- When you leave the game with a key (through hatch or gates or White Ward), the key keep it's rarity, but can no longer open hatches when you brought it in game, and now it's only ability is an aura reader. For example, the green key would have 8 seconds, and nothing else, purple key would have 16 seconds, plus you see survivors aura in a 16 meters, iri key would have 16 seconds, plus you see killer's aura in a 16 meters. These are example, it could be any other effect, or they last longer depending on rarity, but you don't have the base aura reading.
So, what do you think ? :)
Comments
I always thought about nerfing keys this way: now, when you have a key that can open hatches, opening the hatch takes more or less 10 seconds (action charges like when you cleanse a totem)
OR
No more keys are offered in the web anymore, except green ones. One key spawns randomly somewhere in the map, on every game. Any survivor who finds it keeps it as a passive item (doesn't have it in his hands like any other items) so cannot show his key ton any other survivors. When this survivor dies, the key spawns where he died, so any other survivor can get it and keep it with the same conditions of the last one. That kind of key wouldn't spawn in the air, in a middle of the map. It would spawn on walls or decor element like tables, etc.
We finally could combine both of these points above.
I also thought of always making a key in every game, but doing this wouldn't prevent hatch games planned by teams, it has to be removed, it's just awful to play against :/
Or the key would spawn in the map like totems, each tile has a place where the key can spawn, pretty well hidden, I don't know, or randomly on the ground, and even if it's hard to find, I'm not for a key in every game.