Why does cancelling to disarm a bear trap now lock you in an animation?

There's now an animation when you cancel resetting a bear trap. Why? It isn't even a proper animation you just slide backwards for a second.

Comments

  • Same reason being picked up from the ground seems longer.

  • Thats what they love to do to killers, lock them in animation. Often for "balance". I wish they would understand that sometimes there may be better options, responsive controls are what makes survivor fun and makes killer feel like trying to control a tank

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Thats what they love to do to killers, lock them in animation. Often for "balance". I wish they would understand that sometimes there may be better options, responsive controls are what makes survivor fun and makes killer feel like trying to control a tank

    Some killers need it but I believe Freddy is the only killer who doesn’t get slowed down by anything. For example nurse needs slowdowns and stuns to balance her immense power

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1958231#Comment_1958231

    Some killers need it but I believe Freddy is the only killer who doesn’t get slowed down by anything. For example nurse needs slowdowns and stuns to balance her immense power

    Be glad that Freddie doesn't instantly teleport to a gen and have a lower cool down on it (something that killers said during reworked Freddie's ptb). Also, putting down snares without animations. Would be funny though. It would look like Freddie wets himself.