Overcharge Broken?

Been messing with this perk for a couple of days now on and off for a Challenge and am wondering if it is having issues. I have read I should see sparks and I don't.

I know the skill check is easy for some so I try counting explosions but can't really tell the difference in the normal generator explosions and the overcharge ones.

The Challenge only needs 4 and I have been in a couple of matches their have been more than 4 generator explosions. Sometimes a lot more than 4.

Comments

  • Overcharge is applied whenever you damage a gen. If survivors hit overcharge skillcheck it will progress as normal, if they miss it there will be an explosion and regression penalty

  • Also make sure your challenge is not paused. Don't know why they have that option

  • Afaik overcharge is only applied to the last kicked gen iirc, but I could be wrong there.

  • @burt0r said:

    Afaik overcharge is only applied to the last kicked gen iirc, but I could be wrong there.

    I am pretty sure that shouldn’t be the case.

  • @HellDescent said:

    Also make sure your challenge is not paused. Don't know why they have that option

    Challenge Paused? I didn't know that was an option. How do I tell?

  • @PhantomChimera said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957277#Comment_1957277

    Challenge Paused? I didn't know that was an option. How do I tell?

    Oh deselecting it is also caused pause?

    No it wasn't paused.

  • @burt0r said:

    Afaik overcharge is only applied to the last kicked gen iirc, but I could be wrong there.

    every kicked gen.


    but usually that only catches people once, because no one expects it. afterwards, people are aware of it, so they expect the skill check

  • @HellDescent said:

    Overcharge is applied whenever you damage a gen. If survivors hit overcharge skillcheck it will progress as normal, if they miss it there will be an explosion and regression penalty

    Yes I know how it works. I'm not seeing sparks when I use it however and have heard that is something I should be seeing. That combined with the challenge hasn't completed yet when I think I have seen at least 4 generator explosions in a match is why I am wondering if it is not working right.

  • @PhantomChimera said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957274#Comment_1957274

    Yes I know how it works. I'm not seeing sparks when I use it however and have heard that is something I should be seeing. That combined with the challenge hasn't completed yet when I think I have seen at least 4 generator explosions in a match is why I am wondering if it is not working right.

    A gen that was kicked with Overcharge will spark just the same as normally damaged gen. Make sure you're holding the "Damage Generator" button until you see sparks coming from it. It'll be obvious. It'll also explode the same as a normal missed skillcheck, but the damage the gen receives will be more, but only for that first skill check

    It also has unlimited uses with no cooldown and can be applied to all gens you kick