are head crows broken?

Just had my second match where there was a survivor who wasn't doing anything, but they never got head crows. There were two survivors left, and I was chasing one of them around, but the other one wasn't doing gens and wasn't healing either herself or the one I was chasing, but wasn't getting head crows. The first time this happened I think the survivor was tapping gens to keep from getting head crows, but this time I double-checked the gens and they weren't getting tapped.

Is there some kind of exploit to not do anything but not get head crows? I've seen head crows recently, so I know they're still there, but these couple of times (and especially this last time) I was specifically waiting for them and they never happened.

head pigeon.gif


Comments

  • So long as they're moving before the crows pop, then they won't get them. It's frustrating being held hostage like that, but there isn't much you can do but find them, or dc.

  • Unfortunately, nothing is wrong with them. Unless the survivor is standing completely still, they will never get a head crow. If you're not getting anything that shows there's head crows, they're moving around. Although it does suck a lot.

  • The maps are set up in a grid system, and as long as a survivor keeps changing grid squares they won't get the idle crows. Now if a survivor keeps going in circles in the same grid square they will get them, but so long as they keep looping the map they'll be safe

  • @Volfgang57 said:

    The maps are set up in a grid system, and as long as a survivor keeps changing grid squares they won't get the idle crows. Now if a survivor keeps going in circles in the same grid square they will get them, but so long as they keep looping the map they'll be safe

    oh! this is interesting! I didn't know that. Seems like a bug, though; aren't crows specifically meant to prevent survivors just sneaking around without doing anything?

  • @luvcraft said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1957744#Comment_1957744

    oh! this is interesting! I didn't know that. Seems like a bug, though; aren't crows specifically meant to prevent survivors just sneaking around without doing anything?

    Not quite. They are meant to prevent survivors from remaining stationary without interacting with stuff. Walking around without interacting with stuff is fine.