Do any of you still listen to hook gymnastics?

The whole "raising arms to single a camping killer" and "hanging freely to single it's safe," Any still do this?

Comments

  • that would be nice if people use it like that. But lots of players seem to raise arms to signal its safe. And camped players hang there like on vacation.

  • That's what some do. It's backwards though.
  • Yeah, but there's no way to signal while in struggle. You could equip Kindred III, but that won't stop the killer from standing just outside that range and camp.

  • I'm using it but it seems there are too many that don't understand it or think the opposite way as many times there are 3 people coming to rescue me when I'm doing my gym workout.

  • I still do it! ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ
  • I wiggle to signal camping, stay still to signal it's safe, and I have a third one where I do the animation either really sparsely or draw it out to near-completion to try and emphasize it's time for me to be rescued.

  • If they're nearby, I'll take a look and see if they are actually signalling the camp or if they're just impatient. Go back to what I was doing when I hear the heartbeat or see the Killer. Too many people jerk and twist on the hook because they want saved immediately instead of just chilling for a bit and being patient.

  • @Mr_Jay_Stark said:
    I still do it! ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ

  • Low ranks = save me

    Higher ranks (normally) = camping
  • It's usually not that hard though to decide whether killer is nearby or not if you approach with caution (Urban Evasion, the best perk ever!)
    There is a danger though, many players only start signaling when their saviour is close by. Thus notifying the killer too. It's like wiggling: you gotta start it as soon as you can - you can never predict your fellow survivors' movements with certainty.
  • Usually I can just see the Killer, so hook gymnastics don't really matter. When I can't, though, I do listen to them.