Chase emblem is BS.
It awards lots of chasing and not quick chases. If I am playing Billy and insta down every time I will get less points then if I was to M1 them. Makes no sense as killers should be awarded greatly for super fast downs.
Comments
1.) Hitting a survivor before starting a chase (i.e. you found them crouched and hiding, or pulled them off a gen) should count as a "less than 15 seconds" chase. So 90 points for the chase, 5 for finding a survivor, and 55 for hitting them (points toward the Emblem, not BP).
2.) Hitting a healthy survivor with a one-shot ability should count for at LEAST 50% more Emblem points than a standard chase. I say 150% instead of double because the one-shot helps you significantly in other ways.
The same is true for survivors, you get rewarded for looping for several minutes more than if you lose them quickly.
Maybe they think running 3 minutes in circles is fun.
I for one hate sitting there looping, not the least because i suck with it but also it's not something you should be doing anyways. I want a true horror game where stealth is your best option and out thinking your killer, not ring around the rosy.