Killer hatch block removed?

https://youtu.be/cfT9EAht5rw

Tested it in KyF a few times as well you can now open the hatch under the killers feet.

Comments

  • Why wm I not surprised

  • Thats new:

    @hardtimefun said:

    Here's the video evidence,

    I saw video where some trappers would place a trap in front of the hatch to trap a survivor using a key on it, so I always been curious if you can body block for the same result, and it definitely seems like it!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ7dJ-zrWq8&feature=youtu.be

    I have no 100% evidence that the key Dwight had wasn't a green one, but the fact he was running towards the shack, that he tbagged and ran straight for the hatch and stayed there the whole time really makes me believe he had a purple or pink one, try it out yourself in future games to see if you can body block the hatch from survivors with keys and let me know if it actually works or he just had a green key.

    Two months ago it was not possible. I guess its a Bug.

  • I assume your positioning is off, judging by the video it seems like you stood directly on the hatch, to block keys you need to actually stand in front of the hatch by the handle (the side with the keyhole before the graphic overhaul), instead of standing on top of it. Unlike the jump prompt which is directly over the open hatch, the key prompt appears while being in front of the hatch, thus being on the hatch doesn't prevent keys at all, but being in front of it does.

    If you were actually in front of it the whole time then yeah seems they screwed something up again.

  • @Exor said:

    I assume your positioning is off, to block keys you need to actually stand in front of the hatch, by the handle (the side with the keyhole before the graphic overhaul), instead of standing on top of it. Unlike the jump prompt which is directly over the open hatch, the key prompt appears while being in front of the hatch, thus being on the hatch doesn't prevent keys at all, but being in front of it does.

    Tested it multiple times in kyf even positioning myself over the handle as michael my friend just ran infront of me and opened it.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1952043#Comment_1952043

    Tested it multiple times in kyf even positioning myself over the handle as michael my friend just ran infront of me and opened it.

    Hm well it would really suck if they removed one of the only ways to outplay a key once the hatch spawned, I will try it out myself and report back, I really hope it's just a positioning thing and not impossible in general.

  • @Exor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1952049#Comment_1952049

    Hm well it would really suck if they removed one of the only ways to outplay a key once the hatch spawned, I will try it out myself and report back, I really hope it's just a positioning thing and not impossible in general.

    It also might be killer size legion and spirit are skinny but michaels quite big so i doubt he wouldnt be able to block the prompt but before you could block it with even hag.

  • Oh cool, a key buff. Exactly what we needed

    /s

  • I can confirm (at least in my KYF) that it still works, I think most people just get the positioning wrong (or maybe there are some inconsistencies, who knows with this game?).

    Standing by the hatch like this results in survivors not being able to use their keys at all. Important to note is, that you should touch the hatch to block keys, you actually have to stand in front of it.

    20210217152150_1.jpg


  • @Exor said:

    I can confirm (at least in my KYF) that it still works, I think most just get the positioning wrong.

    If you stand like this by the hatch the survivor can't use their key at all. Important to note is, that you don't even need to touch the hatch to block keys, you actually stand in front of it.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/W9NJ53DC4SB8/20210217152150-1.jpg

    Huh weird i thought just standing on it was able to block it since its impossible for the survivor to jump in with you in the way.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1952095#Comment_1952095

    Huh weird i thought just standing on it was able to block it since its impossible for the survivor to jump in with you in the way.

    Yeah it's weird, but it always has been this way (at least since the hatch rework). If you stand in a specific spot you can even block both the jump prompt and the key prompt right after closing it, since the closing animation pushes you into the key interaction zone, so even if someone with a key is hugging you while the hatch is open you can safely close it. It's pretty niche counterplay, but I am still happy that it works.