Small Game Buff Suggestion
I thought this might be a cute idea that I doubt anyone can really contest since it's a solo surv buff that gives information that SWF already has.
Small game shows the aura of broken totems when within 16 meters.
Bam. QOL fix for any solo survivor picking bones.
Comments
I can get behind this. Seeing broken Totems is a neat little bonus to give the Perk, and lots of Survivor perks could use a similar treatment.
That's damn good really, but keep the current effect PLUS that would be crazy. I don't want to carry maps to search totems and Detective Hunch is a teachable perk from a licensed survivor, and I want so much something efficient to search totems !
Maybe it would be broken so reduced aura reading by 4 (so you see auras from 12 meters) is a nice idea, and adding to it Open-Handed from Ace (which was just buffed) would be amazing, and probably changing the meta
Man... it wouldn't be broken at all. I would even argue that map wide broken totem aura reading wouldn't be broken.
Yeah that's true, but I admit as a killer main (even if I play a lot survivor), I'm not sure if I want survivor perks which would bring SWF advantages to exist, because SWF is actually painful to face :/
I was thinking map wide would be nice but that may add too much visual clutter for the duration of an entire game. Like constantly seeing useless bones wherever you are may be aggravating? I have no idea.
It won't be aggravating, but there I'm sure it would be too powerful, 16m aura reading to see broken totems aura is sooo much !
If you see directly every broken auras, it's a little bit brain dead, you juste have to go to zone where you don't see any aura and the sound cues from Small Game would do the rest, too powerful because you gain an immense amount of time just because you have that perk, without doing anything. Hexes are supposed to be super strong, even when the killer faces maps and Detective Hunch (detective hunch requires to do objective, and the aura reading isn't permanent, and the map you use it in exchange of map consumption, always with range, so Small Game showing broken totems in the entire map would totally override the map and Detective Hunch).
Or, for each totem you cleanse, you gain 4 meters, or 8 I don't know, of aura reading ! That could be an idea !
People have been begging for solo survivors to be brought up to the same level as SWF. Plus unlike Kindred which would really benefit from being made basekit, Small Game will never be made basekit due to it having a specific utility (anti-totem which means it's not useful for every game). This means that you can buff it as much as you want as long as it doesn't end up being more powerful than perks that do the same (Like Detective's or maps) due to the survivor having to use up a perk slot.
Personally though, I would rather make Small Game have a totem counter and increase its cooldown to 20 seconds. Since most perks that effect specific killer powers are going to be reworked anyway, might as well as give it an equally powerful effect (Also the cooldown is increased since you can no longer accidentally detect traps)
They are painflu to face because game is more balanced around solo survivors, if solos get the adventages of swf, that means killers will be more powerful against swf
SWF does exactly that and still... it won't be too powerful when compared to: sprint burst/dead hard, ds, bt, spine chill, soul guard, medkits, toolboxes, red maps, detectives hunch.
Yea, it sounds powerful, but what does it do? It informs you that in certain place there was a totem and now think... how often survivors cleanse totems? Not really often and if they do, it's usually one person running around or nancy charging inner strength. So most of the time this will have no effect and when it will, it will be as powerful as someone saying on voice comms: ive cleansed the totem by the shack.
If suddenly, 4 survivors are searching for totems to cleanse because of Devour Hope (because if the surv are solo, everyone will search), if they have the same information than SWF, totems are flying I was and am a fan of Undying/Ruin/Retribution, or Undying/Devour/Retribution/Haunted Grounds, and I had several games facing SWF where the team, in a minute, cleanse 4 totems, that's crazy.
And making solo survivors as effective as swf will force Behaviour to buff hexes/totems in some way. Just as build in voice comm, that will make survivors way more powerful at first, but will force killer buffs