I hope this isn't the Key Rework?

  • Killers got there mori's destroyed, I'm glad cause getting mori after one hook was so unfair.
  • The idea that keys will get nerfed is making killers excited, I get it cause keys are OP.
  • What will destroy the last of this game is if the nerf is something like "Keys are the same but only 1 survivor escapes at a time".
  • I bet you this, more survivors will use keys with this nerf.

It's difficult to explain why, if that is the nerf then we'll see if I'm right...

Comments

  • I also hope that the nerf isn't simply adding a 1 second animation to unlocking... but there's no reason to believe that is the nerf.. so why worry? We will just have to wait and see :)

  • @lucid4444 said:

    I also hope that the nerf isn't simply adding a 1 second animation to unlocking... but there's no reason to believe that is the nerf.. so why worry? We will just have to wait and see :)

    As a survivor main I hope it isn't too rubbish but how the hell are the DEVS suppose make the key nerf the same as the mori's nerf.

  • The survivor main thing is an excuse lol, I don't run keys because I'm a solo and I don't want to get tunnelled.

  • While small I saw they changed the keys description to say Hatch instead of Black lock. I’d say these changes are coming this chapter more than likely

  • @REL1_C said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1946995#Comment_1946995

    As a survivor main I hope it isn't too rubbish but how the hell are the DEVS suppose make the key nerf the same as the mori's nerf.

    Simple hatch only spawns at all gens done or when the last survivor is alive. It has its purpose as an alternative escape but you can't skip the last few gen if two people are up.

  • @Zarathos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1946999#Comment_1946999

    Simple hatch only spawns at all gens done or when the last survivor is alive. It has its purpose as an alternative escape but you can't skip the last few gen if two people are up.

    This was another idea I had too but what will keys be used for then?

    I had another idea where you actually change the hatch to an emergency escape.

    • 1 - When all gens are done, it'll take 20 seconds to open
    • 2 - Only 1 survivor can escape through it
    • 3 - If there are 2 gens and 1 survivor, it will not spawn, only when all gens are done or 1 gen remaining.
    • 4 - WHAT ARE KEYS FOR?
  • Well, they have stated that animations are being made for the new key rework, so we know that animations are involved. Hence why most people believe that hatches will animation lock the Survivor for a set amount of time in order to unlock it. Also, keys WILL NOT only allow one person at a time because there is an Achievo for getting 4 people to escape with hatch. Achievements are hard to change on console, so the Devs are likely not going to change that and MUST allow a key to allow all 4 Survivors to escape at the same time. Dropping the hatch open time from 30 seconds to something like 5 or 10 is on the table as well, though it won't help that much because most Survivors gather at a hatch before using it to ensure the Killer doesn't cut someone off.

    Currently, the only logical assumption is that unlocking will take some time. It's not a MAJOR nerf, but it is a nerf nonetheless. It will stop people that get to hatch last second during a chase, but it won't stop Survivors from locating the hatch as soon as it spawns and dogpiling on it.

  • @REL1_C said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1947008#Comment_1947008

    This was another idea I had too but what will keys be used for then?

    I had another idea where you actually change the hatch to an emergency escape.

    • 1 - When all gens are done, it'll take 20 seconds to open
    • 2 - Only 1 survivor can escape through it
    • 3 - If there are 2 gens and 1 survivor, it will not spawn, only when all gens are done or 1 gen remaining.
    • 4 - WHAT ARE KEYS FOR?

    There for bypassing obnoxious gate spawns, getting a 4 man end game hatch escape or allowing a player the ability to escape if the gates were are being guarded. What's the point in mori's if I can't speed up the killing process. Bypass ds and give you a way to remove a player without having to hook them. Speeding up the escape or killing process is the issue extra steps doesn't balance it out. If two people are left then two will escape since only one will be left thus hatch open the problem of early escape is still there,

  • I was just in a game where I found a purple key and I was downed on the hatch the killer left me and I wasn't able to use the key to escape, it would only let me recover, anyone else had this

  • I think it would be cool if there was a special black/iridescent chest on the map somewhere that can only be opened with a key, and it can contain special items that don't appear in the bloodweb and you can't bring them with you when you leave. I don't know what kind of items, but it would have to be better than any of the regular items to be worth the effort to get it

  • Simple key nerf, purple only one person can escape. Pink every one can. For 3and for people to escape all gens must be done, for 2 people to escape 4 gens must be done. Keys have better duration for the aura reading addons, only green are found in chests with always a aura reading addons. These changes allow for the achievements to remain the same and unchanged. Makes the purple less strong meaning not everyone can escape. Stops multiple players Escaping just because they hit about 60% of their objective. It's to easy to get 3 gens done by the time 2 players remain even harder if you go for 12 hook no slug etc.

  • @JamieLee2k said:

    I was just in a game where I found a purple key and I was downed on the hatch the killer left me and I wasn't able to use the key to escape, it would only let me recover, anyone else had this

    You can't use a key in the dying state.

  • Just make keys only work once the generators are done or something and it will be fine imo.

    Gives you an alternate escape once objective is done but lets you avoid some danger at the end of the game.

    Same way a mori lets you avoid danger at the very end of your objective, that seems fair to me.


    The problem with keys is only really people cheating you out of a win by hatching in your face when they still have like 1 or 2 generators left to do. This would let you avoid the gates if together, or if someone bailed with a key solo it wouldn't mean everyone else is screwed now either.

  • @REL1_C said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1946995#Comment_1946995

    As a survivor main I hope it isn't too rubbish but how the hell are the DEVS suppose make the key nerf the same as the mori's nerf.

    getting rid of keys in chests is a start, it's so f'ing cheap

    wish I could find an insta mori like it was one of those Red Glyphs.. that'd be fair right?

  • @REL1_C said:

    • Killers got there mori's destroyed, I'm glad cause getting mori after one hook was so unfair.
    • The idea that keys will get nerfed is making killers excited, I get it cause keys are OP.
    • What will destroy the last of this game is if the nerf is something like "Keys are the same but only 1 survivor escapes at a time".
    • I bet you this, more survivors will use keys with this nerf.

    It's difficult to explain why, if that is the nerf then we'll see if I'm right...

    the 1 person escapes with a key is to show there is a single variable change that would make keys more equal to the new moris. it was "oh just have to change one variable, so we get to put this out and say we are working on a key re-work that should be so much a better nerf than a brute force change like we are doing to moris" this is why the killers are up in arms about this, first mori change long ago a key change was promised but never done. moris once again changed and keys "PROMISED" to be changed yet have not been changed yet. that is the problem with all of this.

  • @REL1_C said:

    • Killers got there mori's destroyed, I'm glad cause getting mori after one hook was so unfair.
    • The idea that keys will get nerfed is making killers excited, I get it cause keys are OP.
    • What will destroy the last of this game is if the nerf is something like "Keys are the same but only 1 survivor escapes at a time".
    • I bet you this, more survivors will use keys with this nerf.

    It's difficult to explain why, if that is the nerf then we'll see if I'm right...

    That wouldn’t exactly be terrible.

    If killers start to see lobby’s with 4 keys, then it reliably tells the killer what the survivors plans are.

    It also means they’re forfeiting flashlights, maps, med kits, tool boxes, and are at the mercy of the RNG of chests.