Firecrackers
I like the concept but they're pretty darn useless. A successful placement & timing of ignition should force the killer to drop the survivor they're carrying right?
Took quite a few uses and fails to figure out the timing but I've now absolutely nailed two of them...killer facing right at it and no Lightborn perk. No survivor droppy.
Comments
THe best part of fire crackers is unlike flashlights they deafen a killer as well.
Firecrackers are the easiest way to get hook saves in the entire game. They are far from useless.
If the survivor isn't dropping it might have been too early, just like with Flashlight blinds. Firecracker's advantage is you can go for the same from any angle, unlike Flashlight where if you are not positioned where the killer is facing on pick up you aren't going to make it.
Then their activation is inconsistent & broken. I've had obvious fails and obvious perfect placements - the perfect placements did absolutely nothing. Killer stood right in front of it, face on, with survivor in hand
Give a survivor a hit box and it's the size of an ant's penis