A neglected feature in DBD for survivors and survivor efficiency tips
Giving survivors items. Giving your fellow survivors items is a very underrated and often never used feature in solo queue. I use it all the time to give my teammates a medkit to use. It is actually so helpful and I am shocked I never see anyone take advantage of it.
Giving the teammate who was just unhooked a medkit so that they can heal themself while you go run off to do get a head start on a gen is actually much more efficient than you think especially if the killer is using sloppy butcher.
One of the best things you can do is bring a medkit (preferably yellow) with a styptic agent. If you give a survivor on death hook a styptic medkit after healing them or having them heal themselves is incredibly helpful and I have saved several survivors doing this or at least kept them in the game for longer.
This action best works with medkits, but toolboxes are also great as well.
Something that people also don't do is sabotage with a toolbox they have. Sabotaging is more situational, but comes with a high reward if done correctly. You want to finish the sabotage right before the killer gets LOS on you during the action, or right before they get to the hook you predicted they would go to. However, and depending on the toolbox you have, you want to choose whether or not to save your toolbox for sabotaging or working on a gen. It is a very useful tool when using it with teammates as well. I like to save it if there is another person working with me and only use it by myself if I need to clutch a gen.
It is up to you if you want to use your toolbox to sabotage or repair a generator faster. It is better to save the toolbox for working on a gen if you are working with a teammate.
If a generator is almost done, 99% the generator and heal. If the killer shows up then finish the gen and run. If there is an injured survivor and two other survivors on a gen and they are all together, go for a double heal. Do the same if there are multiple injured survivors. If you have adrenaline and your teammates want to heal you while working on the last gen, point at the gen to let them know you want to finish it.
Comments
I always give flashlights I find to other survivors because I suck with them. If I'm on death hook and I know killer is going to tunnel me before I can use an item I try to give it to teammate before I die. One time I gave my tool kit to teammate when I was on death hook, they used it to sabo the hook and give me a little bit of extra time in the match.
I do that a lot. If I am at a gen and someone wants healed I'll give them my medkit (unless it's a really good medkit I want to keep).
The best I like is when someone gives me a flashlight and I save them later in the game with it lol
Also was giving randoms keys during solo q before the last patch. I don't want to waste the item and I know my swf doesn't want them. Always gave it to someone who was death hook or to the best survivor since they deserved to escape.
I did this constantly but I feel that since the addon change (not being able to take them with you) it doesnt seem as beneficial as it used to...
I do this quite regularly. If I’ve done a hook save, but there’s an important gen to get back to, i’ll give that survivor my med kit to let them self heal.
Giving Survivor items can be smart, but a lot of survivors won't notice. I've left a med-kit for a survivor to heal up because the killer was coming and I was going to take the hit, and run for it and couldn't heal them in the meantime. Went back later, and there was my medkit still there.
As for Sabo'ing... it's really difficult if you're not on comms. A good sabo build for solo players though is Sabotage, Empathy, and Breakout. (Breakout isn't necessary, but it can make the difference).
That is why you should wait until they notice you which is what I do, but I have had this happen many times as well.
As I said, the sabotaging was situational but very rewarding. Most of the time, you should be using the toolbox for repairing a gen.
Damn,i'm too egoistic to do that 🤣