whoa, is Devour shadow nerfed?
Or is this something to do with new Undying....which would still technically be a shadow nerf.
I played against a killer who was running Undying and Devour.
I'm pretty sure a Hex icon didn't appear on screen until the killer earned the insta down ability. Meaning BEFORE they actually used it. If the survivors get a warning the killer has Devour before they even use it. That is a pretty sizable nerf.
Comments
That's actually an undying shadow nerf, having your aura revealed by a dull totem from undying reveals the hex.
ah god thats even worse.
I would rather not have that tiny little aura ability if its going to essentially TELL survivors. Hey look they're running Undying and you don't see ruin or lullaby better start searching totems!!
So lame...
one of the main problems old Undying had was, that it constantly revealed survivors without telling them.
ive seen killers win the entire match just because of this aura reveal without the survivors knowing about it.
i think its much better that they are being told about it now.
besides, when is it supposed to tell survivors that Undying is active intead? the aura reveal is the only effect it has before its being destroyed - and it only makes sense that a Hex reveals itself as soon as the Survivors are being affected by it. thats the case with every other Hex aswell, so Undying should not be an exeption to it.
Considering that the aura reveal doesn't work on hex totems now and undying only works once, It's pointless now. All it does is give away you are running a 2nd hex perk.
At least before when undying had aura reveal on all totems and undying worked multiple times until cleansed, it would have been fine.
The whole point of Undying is that it WAS an exception. I also don't think survivors needed the screen to tell them Ruin or Lullaby is active when they can clearly tell this for themselves. With Undying it goes further and actually acts as a nerf to the perk itself.
The new aura ability is a masssive nerf compared to the old one. Then add on it revealing the fact the perk is in the match at all is serious overkill. Good luck with the so called token benefit if all a survivor has to do is walk near a dull totem to know if you have something.
This change makes it so that Devour Hope should NEVER go live.
Yeah I was looking for positives to the Undying change. Ungodly big nerf even more so than I thought. There is zero reason any group of survivors should be having trouble with Undying now that it gives you a huge heads up.
the main issue with the aura reveal is that it only works on Dulls.
if it were on Hexes only i wouldnt have much of a problem with not being told about it, currently however, it just simply would be very unfair to have survivors being revealed before they are even aware that there is a Hex in the trial to begin with.
I agree. They already nerfed the aura reading ability badly. To make it also reveal the perk itself is going way too far.
have you been watching Otz lately?
he's been running Devour + Undying quite a lot now and he got a LOT of kills with it.
No and hes a pro player who does this for a living.
The patch just came out. Its been days and I myself someone who has been playing since 2017 just now realized this. Wait until its become full common knowledge.
Go near dull totem see Hex icon. Clearly Undying is in this match. Tap a gen no ruin...1 hook no Lullaby. Time to look for Devour.
I'd rather have NO aura reading ability in that case. What would I care if they're cleansing dull totems anyways.
They should never have put notifications that there is a Hex in play. That used to be part of the game, actually having to think about "Why did that person get downed so fast? Oh, 3 hooks, they're running Devour Hope. That's 4, let's not get to 5 so they can Mori us."
Asking questions used to be the norm, I know that's how I learned an enormous amount of information about the game. Now it's just "Put it on the HUD and they can look up the effects themselves".
id have preferred it when Undying didnt have an aura reveal to begin with aswell, but then the Devs have the problem that the 3 perk tiers wont do anything different from one another, so they stuck with it.
and as long as we have this aura reveal, its the better solution to tell survivors about it.
Agreed, there is zero reason they should be told about the Hexes that they can observe for themselves. I know someone will be like well what about the new players. They can learn. They could also have this only appear in newb ranks 15-20.
Very easily fixed. Could've been something like the person who cleanses a hex totem has their aura revealed for a certain amount of time or something like that.
that'd just be Retribution tho
anyway, there certainly are better solutions to it, but this is the one we got.
if you have any suggestions to change it, go to the "feedback & suggestions" subforum and pray to the entity that your post will be seen.
They nerfed Lullaby (to hard vs a Doc) and Gearhead from the PTB, so i'm not even surprised.
I actually love new Undying and it's 4 metre Aura range. I played PH yesterday and during the spawn phase I already saw 2 Survivors thanks to Undying, so I immediately knew where to go.
Also, taking time cleansing totems for a potential Devour takes away so much time and gives the Killer much momentum. Both might be gone early (I actually played alot of matches with Undying Hope and I always got my instadowns and almost always at least one kill, which is huge momentum.)