When should I use my yellow bottles on clown

Do I use my yellow bottles in loops or just for mobility.

Comments

  • Use them mainly in loops. Mobility if you really really need to get somewhere fast (ex: u know a gen is almost done or looking for hatch).

  • The idea is to use speedup and slowdown in tandem to stop survivor from making the pallet whcih they would usually be able to do pre-rework. How to do it? No clue

  • Well I use yellow bottles in a few ways:

    • After I hit a survivor and they make distance. I throw a bottle after it's charged in front of me to catch up with survivor, then go back to my pink bottles.
    • If a survivor is at a somewhat safe pallet and keeps vaulting without going around. I throw a bottle on one side to get the speed buff so I'm fast enough to get a hit in. Requires some mindgame. Some survivors don't expect you to be this fast and they make a lot of mistakes and can really catch them off-guard.
    • And of course, use the yellow bottles at the end when I'm patrolling gates.
  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    @TheClownIsKing your time has come

    Thanks for the thought, but i’m taking a break from giving advice and getting mostly backlash from it.

  • The yellow bottles should not be used for mobility alone as they make little to no difference. The only exeption to this rule is if you are going somewhere where you know a survivor is as reducing the distance between you before a chase even starts is very much worth a bottle

    Purple gas makes you chase 100% faster, yellow gas 75% faster but a longer duration and if you have them combined you chase 175% faster then normal.

    So you want to try to use them both as much as possible. as a bread and butter throwing a yellow gas at the survivor and then a purple gas as you run through the yellow one is the fastest way to catch up to someone.

    It all does depend on situation from situation sometimes it's not worth it to use the yellow bottles if the pretty long start up time makes it awkward in confined spaces.

    One thing you got to give it to this rework. It really makes the clown a lot more interesting to play.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1942532#Comment_1942532

    Thanks for the thought, but i’m taking a break from giving advice and getting mostly backlash from it.

    People appreciate your advice. I think the "backlash" (or just people giving opposing opinions) was more for the tone of the post and the insinuation people who thought clown was weak just weren't brainy enough.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1942532#Comment_1942532

    Thanks for the thought, but i’m taking a break from giving advice and getting mostly backlash from it.

    God I saw that, I'm really sorry.

    Click to view the GIF


  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1942532#Comment_1942532

    Thanks for the thought, but i’m taking a break from giving advice and getting mostly backlash from it.

    If you don't want more, you'd better give us some!

  • @Zeus said:

    The idea is to use speedup and slowdown in tandem to stop survivor from making the pallet whcih they would usually be able to do pre-rework. How to do it? No clue

    Or you just throw on flask of bleach and you don't need to bother with that nonsense.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1942404#Comment_1942404

    Or you just throw on flask of bleach and you don't need to bother with that nonsense.


    The flask of bleach allows you to chase 125% faster as opposed to the purple's gas normal 100% faster

    Sonic tonic+purple gas allows you to chase 175% faster, it's a clear winner

    That said nothing is stopping you from putting flask of bleach and combining them anyway to chase 200% faster

  • at big structures and when you see a survivor in the open.

    you throw sonic tonic first than tonic at the survivor

    don't use them for mobility use them to close the distance on survivors just like tonic.

  • Thanks everyone, I appreciate the kindness and help.