The one thing that is keeping me from fully enjoying this game

I started playing this game a few weeks ago when one of my friends said that me him and his brother should all try it. Instantly we fell in love with it and have been playing it whenever we can as it is insanely fun. There is one issue I have with the game though and I honestly don’t know why it is happening. In almost every match I play I get hard focused by the killer. I’m not talking about the killer just chasing me around a lot because that’s fine and that’s where the fun comes from. What I’m talking about is that I can be running from the killer and go right past people working on gens and the killer will just ignore them and come right after me still. I even had a few times where the killer ignored someone opening the exit gate to just keep running after me. The worst part is if I do get downed nearly every time without fail the killer will just stand staring at my hook and never leave not even giving my teammates a chance to unhook me. It gotten to the point where my friends start betting on if I’m gonna get focused and facecamped because it happens so often. I’m curious if anyone else has had this happen or if anyone knows why I’m a target.

Comments

  • Some killer tunnel. But it sounds like only you get this treatment. Did you trigger the killer? Which survivor do you use? Perks? Do you teabag?

  • The gen thing is understandable I wouldn’t drop a chase for that, but how many times were you injured during these chases

  • @TicTac said:

    Some killer tunnel. But it sounds like only you get this treatment. Did you trigger the killer? Which survivor do you use? Perks? Do you teabag?

    I don’t teabag and I don’t think I trigger the killer as I play pretty normally. I use bill ( left for dead is one of my favorite games ever made) with his standard 3 perks and my 4th being no one left behind

  • @Asssblasster625 said:

    The gen thing is understandable I wouldn’t drop a chase for that, but how many times were you injured during these chases

    I don’t get injured too often during chases except if I’m against the huntress. For the life of me I suck against her but most other killers I tend to not get injured and they just end up chasing me the entire match until the gens are done or I get downed and then facecamped

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    I started playing this game a few weeks ago when one of my friends said that me him and his brother should all try it. Instantly we fell in love with it and have been playing it whenever we can as it is insanely fun. There is one issue I have with the game though and I honestly don’t know why it is happening. In almost every match I play I get hard focused by the killer. I’m not talking about the killer just chasing me around a lot because that’s fine and that’s where the fun comes from. What I’m talking about is that I can be running from the killer and go right past people working on gens and the killer will just ignore them and come right after me still. I even had a few times where the killer ignored someone opening the exit gate to just keep running after me. The worst part is if I do get downed nearly every time without fail the killer will just stand staring at my hook and never leave not even giving my teammates a chance to unhook me. It gotten to the point where my friends start betting on if I’m gonna get focused and facecamped because it happens so often. I’m curious if anyone else has had this happen or if anyone knows why I’m a target.

    It is because you are new and thus the Killers you are facing are also new. New Killers get "tunnel vision" and become pretty much unaware of everything but whomever they are chasing. They don't know how to break off chases or when. They only know that eventually the speed difference will let them catch up. Until you get better at looping (and there are some great videos on it on youtube) you probably want to be a bit of a hide-and-seek evader. Try not to get seen in the first place. Bear in mind, I DO NOT mean crouch around the entire map doing nothing. You need to be working those Generators.

    Here are few helpful tips:

    1. Don't run everywhere as you leave red marks that the Killer will see from a distance and/or follow.
    2. Don't crouch everywhere as it will take too long to get from point A to B.
    3. Walk when you can, crouch when you must, and run when it is important or safe. *Yes it takes time to learn which.
    4. Remember that you can, due to the 3rd Person viewpoint see around the terrain you hide behind. Center yourself fully behind that large terrain so you don't give yourself away when the Killer is near.
    5. Try to avoid disturbing the Crows or take Calm Spirit.
    6. If two of you are on a Generator and you know the Killer is approaching, walk the opposite direction from where the other Survivor runs off to. And get behind terrain. Chances are the Killer will see the other Survivor running and/or pick up their red trail. If they move off you can get away safely, or even get back on that Generator if the Killer chases off.
    7. If you do get spotted, at a distance, run until out of line of sight and then walk at a crossroads area so the Killer when they come around the corner won't know which way you went. Go a short distance so they can't see your trail and then run again. Often if you do a crossroads and can double back with a little circle by walking you buy the most time.
    8. Keep your head on a swivel. This should have been near the top of the list. Even if the Killer has a heartbeat, it is a good idea to spot an approaching Killer before you get their terror radius. The longer your head start the better and the easier it will be to run and walk and lose them before the chase even begins.
    9. If the Killer is trailing you and has lost line of sight, remember to stop running before you vault so you don't give away your direction with the explosive noise you make. A crossroads, like I spoke about earlier might include areas of terrain, a vault going another direction, a building ahead. You want to make that Killer go huh?
    10. Learn to tell an unsafe pallet from a safe one, and a God pallet. When you are hiding you want to always know where you mean to run (your options) in case the Killer spots you or plain old bad luck bring him/her directly toward you. If you already have your escape route mapped in your head, you will lose less time.

    New Players (Potatoes being the vernacular for them) waste a lot of time hiding. If you aren't hiding, then the Killer tends to spot you FIRST and then begins that long, silly chase. So you need adopt some hiding and effective evading until you learn to loop. Or you can just keep getting in those chases and you will learn to Loop the hard but effective way.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/226902/the-one-thing-that-is-keeping-me-from-fully-enjoying-this-game

    It is because you are new and thus the Killers you are facing are also new. New Killers get "tunnel vision" and become pretty much unaware of everything but whomever they are chasing. They don't know how to break off chases or when. They only know that eventually the speed difference will let them catch up. Until you get better at looping (and there are some great videos on it on youtube) you probably want to be a bit of a hide-and-seek evader. Try not to get seen in the first place. Bear in mind, I DO NOT mean crouch around the entire map doing nothing. You need to be working those Generators.

    Here are few helpful tips:

    1. Don't run everywhere as you leave red marks that the Killer will see from a distance and/or follow.
    2. Don't crouch everywhere as it will take too long to get from point A to B.
    3. Walk when you can, crouch when you must, and run when it is important or safe. *Yes it takes time to learn which.
    4. Remember that you can, due to the 3rd Person viewpoint see around the terrain you hide behind. Center yourself fully behind that large terrain so you don't give yourself away when the Killer is near.
    5. Try to avoid disturbing the Crows or take Calm Spirit.
    6. If two of you are on a Generator and you know the Killer is approaching, walk the opposite direction from where the other Survivor runs off to. And get behind terrain. Chances are the Killer will see the other Survivor running and/or pick up their red trail. If they move off you can get away safely, or even get back on that Generator if the Killer chases off.
    7. If you do get spotted, at a distance, run until out of line of sight and then walk at a crossroads area so the Killer when they come around the corner won't know which way you went. Go a short distance so they can't see your trail and then run again. Often if you do a crossroads and can double back with a little circle by walking you buy the most time.
    8. Keep your head on a swivel. This should have been near the top of the list. Even if the Killer has a heartbeat, it is a good idea to spot an approaching Killer before you get their terror radius. The longer your head start the better and the easier it will be to run and walk and lose them before the chase even begins.
    9. If the Killer is trailing you and has lost line of sight, remember to stop running before you vault so you don't give away your direction with the explosive noise you make. A crossroads, like I spoke about earlier might include areas of terrain, a vault going another direction, a building ahead. You want to make that Killer go huh?
    10. Learn to tell an unsafe pallet from a safe one, and a God pallet. When you are hiding you want to always know where you mean to run (your options) in case the Killer spots you or plain old bad luck bring him/her directly toward you. If you already have your escape route mapped in your head, you will lose less time.

    New Players (Potatoes being the vernacular for them) waste a lot of time hiding. If you aren't hiding, then the Killer tends to spot you FIRST and then begins that long, silly chase. So you need adopt some hiding and effective evading until you learn to loop. Or you can just keep getting in those chases and you will learn to Loop the hard but effective way.

    Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it. Will definitely take a look at those looping videos on YouTube as well. If you don’t mind do you have any specific tips for going against huntress and ghostface? These two killers screw me more then any other more so huntress then anything since I see her so often

  • @fr0sty1223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1940961#Comment_1940961

    Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it. Will definitely take a look at those looping videos on YouTube as well. If you don’t mind do you have any specific tips for going against huntress and ghostface? These two killers screw me more then any other more so huntress then anything since I see her so often

    1. Huntress is a slower killer. 110% instead if 115% movement speed.

    2. Try to break line of sight so she cant throw hatchets.

    3. When you are at a pallet its a 50/50. When you drop the pallet and she uses a hatchet you get hit over the pallet. So when you think she will do that, dont drop the pallet and continue to run around the loop. (The huntress gets slower when she has a hatchet in her hand)