Can survivors juke?

Topic title. Played a few rounds with the update today. Went vs. a couple of rank 1+2 teams which would normally give me a hard time.... But it was very easy.


It took me a little bit to pinpoint it but I realized a lot of the movement they were trying to do was juking me. They couldn't do it. Trying to fake going to vault, running at me to bait out a swing, all those little things survivors do that I fall for with embarrassing frequency are simply very telegraphed with the new animations.


I felt bad for them. I could tell they were trying to do that stuff and the attempt is typically a tell for a skilled survivor. It's pretty sad. Feels like something has been lost.

Comments

  • The new animations has made swerving, turning & 360'ing practically impossible to do. Survivors are almost forced to just hold W now because trying to do any type of juke will slow them down due to the delay & stiffness of movement.

    It is definitely sad & I used to always use juking as a last resort. Now myself and many others don't have that option anymore.

  • I have no problem juking. What was hurt was the 360 and spinning and all that weird stuff. But I was able to out-fake a Nurse with zero issues tonight.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    Topic title. Played a few rounds with the update today. Went vs. a couple of rank 1+2 teams which would normally give me a hard time.... But it was very easy.

    It took me a little bit to pinpoint it but I realized a lot of the movement they were trying to do was juking me. They couldn't do it. Trying to fake going to vault, running at me to bait out a swing, all those little things survivors do that I fall for with embarrassing frequency are simply very telegraphed with the new animations.

    I felt bad for them. I could tell they were trying to do that stuff and the attempt is typically a tell for a skilled survivor. It's pretty sad. Feels like something has been lost.

    Survivors can juke but takes a lot of skill to do so, not clumsy movements. Also if a killer is at a certain skill and experience level jukes generally won't work on him because he's seen it all.

    I don't know about the new movements making it harder. I have been doing the same jukes I've been doing for the past couple of years. They don't rely on any animations to do. They just rely on messing with the killer, mind gaming him and a lot of luck.