Thoughts and Suggestions With the New Update
Hello all! This is going to be one of my longer posts, so I'll cut to the chase up here. I'd like this to be a constructive mega thread of ideas and suggestions. BHVR already knows they messed up and they certainly don't need anymore hate. As such, I'd like to put together a list of ideas and suggestions so that they can, perhaps, pick out some of the better ideas.
I am well aware that some of you will say that this is a waste of time, and perhaps it is. But truthfully, I love this game, and I want to see it succeed. I know many of you on these Forums do as well, else you wouldn't be here, nor would you argue so vehemently.
To preface, I would like to keep this discussion on ONLY the 4.5.0 patch. Additionally, please keep everything as civil as you can. We are all on the same side, no need to attack one another.
To begin, I'd like to talk about what I did like from this patch.
- The new portrait system on the UI is a major upgrade.
- The hook counter for Survivor is really nice. I like having that info, especially as a Solo.
- Both Crotus Prenn maps look amazing and play very well!
- Wraith buffs are good.
- Trapper buff was also good.
- Second Wind and Fixated changes are MUCH appreciated.
- Clown's reload time is WAY better.
- New updated Nurse models look incredible.
- Mangled add-on change was good.
Now, onto the stuff I don't like.
- Clown's secondary power is very situational and offers little practical application.
- Gideon Meat Plant looks nice, but it plays awfully and there are 3 new god pallets.
- The rest of the UI is...not great.
- Gideon freezer room causes massive FPS drops.
- The new animations look very unnatural and janky. I'm sure I'll get used to them, but they could be better.
- Legion's two worst add-ons (Frank's Mixtape and Stab Wound Study) did NOT need a nerf.
- I think Undying was nerfed a bit too hard.
- There appears to be issues with Survivors hitboxes. I am hearing reports of either weapons passing through them or Survivors getting hit from miles away.
Now, what are my suggestions?
- Firstly, optimize Console DBD...like you promised.
- Clown's secondary power either needs a bigger speed boost or it needs to last for longer. He's like Wraith without Windstorm, and while an extra 10% is nice, it isn't really great for map traversal.
- Condense the UI. I am not opposed to changing the UI, but, it is too spread out right now, in my opinion. If you would condense it together, it would make a lot of people more happy.
- Smooth out the Survivor animations. I understand this will take time, all I ask is that you confirm you are working on continuing to smooth it out.
- Remove some of the god pallets on Gideon.
- I would've taken away Undying's aura reading on Hex Totems OR left the aura reading but taken away the ability for it to respawn multiple totems.
Those are my thoughts on the patch. What are yours? Tell me what you liked, disliked and what you think can be done to make it better.
Remember, try to remain constructive! We aren't here to bash BHVR, I am sure they are already aware of our displeasure.
Comments
I'm not a fan of the portraits personally, they clash with the rest of the hand drawn style of the UI.
The new UI is too scattered and the icons all have different scale and size. Its also not level with itself.
The new animations are just awkward and look silly, especially from the killer perspective.
Stop making breakable walls. They are just time wasters for a role that has very little time to manage already.
Gideon Meat Plant is even more broken then it was before.
Yeah, I'm not big on the breakable walls either.
Animations gotta go there isn't any smoothing this out it's just gotta be scrapped no one complained about the old animations.