No emotional investment

Do you guys ever get those days where you start into a match and 10 seconds in you realize you don't care in the slightest if you die? Like, when the killer starts running up to you, you don't even feel like running away because you can't bring yourself to care at all about the outcome of the match? No motivation to even try to play well? That's happening to me a lot lately.


I think I'm just not having fun. Sometimes I do, sometimes there's a good match but the sheer number of toxic killer I run into is ruining my experience. I've never in my life found another game that makes me want to slit my wrists in the bath time and at the same time want to rip someone's kidneys out their anus. It's a really weird emotional state. No other game does this to me. And I'm not super competitive about it either. I can have a good game as survivor even if it turns out to be a 4K, if it's a fun match. Then on the flipside of that coin, every match against a Freddy or a Legion and I'm hating the next 20 minutes of my life, even if it's a blowout victory for us. That's a very bad sign. If I can win and get a bunch of bloodpoints and still feel like the last 20 minutes were an utter waste of time then something is wrong. Anyways, I'm curious if anyone else experiences this rage depression.

Comments

  • Mathieu ssid it best

    "Play something else"

    Killer sucks and survivor gameplay never changes, its good in small doses

  • Yeah after 600 hours I find DBD is a good one off couple of matches kind of game.

    Doesn't require the commitment of a RPG or grand strategy, I just feel like having a few quick games and then calling it.

    Best way to play, don't care about pips or outcomes just play the game and then call it a day.

  • You should probably uninstall. Doesn't have to be forever, but if you feel that way often there's probably other games (or other things) that you could enjoy more. Plus breaks from this game help, I do it often now.