If you want to get better using Clown, don’t use Fingerless Parade Gloves.
These new Fingerless Parade Gloves are perfectly fine if you’re just casually messing around with Clown, and you want an easier way to get accurate hits on survivors and objects because you’re the sort of player that wants to just spam them bottles. (Which is fine. Have fun your way.)
But if you want to refine how to best use Clown, you need to learn how to accurately judge the throw arc to be able to lob bottles over walls and other obstructions. Fingerless Parade Gloves prevent learning this because you won’t be able to lob bottles over much as they’ll break on something high, or go over the whole loop entirely.
Other than pairing this with RHPF, this has no further use other than making Clown a little more beginner friendly.
Comments
I highly disagree. The added speed that the bottles get allow for more precise throws during chases compared to the base throwing arc. I fail to see how using the gloves makes playing Clown more "beginner friendly" when it allows you to make more choices during a chase.
Because it limits Clown to throwing only where he sees, and not also where he can’t.
I did point out it’s use to make accurate throws AT what he sees much easier, but it could be detrimental to commit that to muscle memory and get to used to that.
Having used the gloves for a while they do require their own muscle memory to be used efficiently. But they can still be used the same way as base Clown, they just require you to look where you're throwing. If anything it's far better than base Clown because if you compensate for the new throwing arch you can still land every single throw but much faster than normal.
I get more direct hits with the gloves.
So pinky finger would be a lot better
Base clown has more going for him than using the gloves imho,
It ######### with my muscle memory so hard when i tried them...
Base bottle throw better =D
I think you should really use any Addons when learning a Killer because you might get depending on them. Like the Plaid Flanel of Nurse. I personally dont use any Addons when learning a Killer because i get used to the Base Power.
You mean "shouldn't use", right Turbo?
(he's my friend i can bully him for this)
Yes ...
I bully you for being a adorabubble lil shite,
You wholesome bastard, <3
Which is exactly what I already said.
@TheClownIsKing
You could make the same argument for Nurse’s range addons messing with muscle memory... that doesn’t make them bad though.
It’s not just that.
The base arc is necessary to get bottles over walls.
Fingerless Parade Gloves shuts out these advanced skills.
Not necessarily; the + range add-ons also make it so it charges for longer, so the actual charge time is the same as base. I'm assuming that FPG does what old add-ons would do to the Nurse.
I love how passionate you are about Clown. He needs to be promoted more
He's such an underrated killer
I wouldn't really call it that black and white.
There is value in getting your bottles where they need to go faster and in some maps you just aren't lobbing over anything. Lerys for example.
Beside, being a bit more beginner friendly is something clown really needs.
It is good to bring to attention that you lose the ability to lob over things that can be pretty powerfull. I wouldn't really call it a never to be used addon though
I think pinky finger is the addon to avoid honestly.
So I just played some games with fingerless gloves (havnt used them since rework) and I have to admit I really like the way it throws much more than default throw.
It was a little weird at first but I love how fast the bottle is and it goes pretty much exactly where I want it to go as opposed to the default bottles. I feel like my chases end slightly faster but I don't know yet for sure.