Im missing old clown :'(

Im a survivor main, playing killer sometimes, im green rank killer and im ok with only two killers : legion and clown.

I was so excited for clown update but now im feeling disappointed...

First the new bottle : the speed boost effect is not that great and it takes sooo long to activate, between 3 and 4 secondes. Im asking why the new bottle turn white to yellow but the first one is activated immediatly ? The white gas should be removed and turn yellow immediatly. And why survivors can get the speed boost ? I really dont understand the point. And why bottles share the same charges ?

Second the addons rework : one addon was my favorite, the one that makes survivors exhausted a true powerful addon. Now it doesnt exist anymore. New ones, they are not that great, except aura reading one. Whats the point of switching colors if the second bottle takes time to activate ? Too easy to read for survivors and 0 trick...

Yes, maybe im not that great at killer, yes maybe i dont know how to use new bottle correctly. But I feel like I dont want to play clown anymore, im missing the old one already...

Is there clown mains here feeling the same ? Or some people who can give me tips ?

For me now it feels like more a nerf than a buff.

RIP mister puddles, it was a great time with you.

PS : sorry for my poor english

Edit : Im amused by people who dont play clown at all, maybe who dont play killer at all tried to tell me to just use pink bottle and pouf ! Old clown is back. Dont speak if you dont know anything, its useless, like your comments.

Comments

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/225523/im-missing-old-clown

    The exhausted addon needed to be removed. 30 second on an effect that remains when you're running? Fully negating any an entire perk slot on a survivor? That's simply broken.

    As for the yellow gas, you're supposed to throw the bottle ahead of you in chase. You throw it in front of the survivor so the survivor doesnt get the bonus as they have to run away from you, then you throw a pink bottle towards the survivor. Now you have 10% extra movement speed while the survivor has -20% movement speed. That's 80% movementspeed vs 125%. You realize how easy it is to gain hits with Clown in this situation?

    As for the "maybe who dont play killer at all tried to tell me to just use pink bottle and pouf ! Old clown is back. Dont speak if you dont know anything, its useless, like your comments."

    I mean, this is 100% true. You even have a base pink addon. The ONLY thing gone from old clown is the exhaustion addon, and that one needed a rework anyway. The exhaustion addon from Clown was made back when exhaustion went down even if you were running. Then they made exhaustion permanent as long as you were running, causing this addon to be utterly broken(which is why later exhaustion addons and perks are only 3-8 seconds).

    If you dont see how just using pink bottles is exactly how old Clown worked except with a base reload addon, then you simply didnt play Clown enough(or heavily relied on his exhaustion addon, which, again, you didnt really play clown if you did).

    I like how you all tell me about that addon when in the original post i spoke about three addons....

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933961#Comment_1933961

    I will try to explain how I play.

    I like to call me a fair killer. I dont camp, dont tunnel, but i like to slug.

    I prefer losing a generator than leaving a chase I can win. Reason to do that ? Im still practicing some loops as killer. But I know when I have to leave.

    Im not a perfect anti looper as killer but I have some mindgames. If each killer had a separate rank I would call me a rank 5-6 Clown.

    But I dont like to use meta perks, I like to try fun builds, so I dont a have a good gen pressure... I only win because I kill them quicker than them doing gens. But sometimes, when they are red ranks.... they know every mindgames in loops and I dont feel yellow gas is helping, it feels like a waste of a pink bottle. I can mindgame their mindgame of my mindgame, but i cant mindgame their mindgame of my mindgame of their mindgame of my mindgame.

    Know is it more clear haha ?

    Yeah, honestly I wrote that response out of spite. Sorry about that man.


    I see what you mean, one small thing I would like to add though is even if you're a rank 1 Clown like myself there's always ways to improve your game, even the best players in the world can improve and need to adapt at times such as this. I can see why you play the way you do, even if I'd argue there's times where it wouldn't work(down to 1 gen and you're chasing a non hooked survivor for an example) as long as it works for YOU, then more power to you. Hell I'd say the same about tunneling,, sometimes you just gotta do it. Even if the other side gives you [BAD WORD] for it

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1934218#Comment_1934218

    I like how you all tell me about that addon when in the original post i spoke about three addons....

    Just wanted to add after playing 4 Games with Soda bottle and the Cork you get 5 bottles and you reload in 2 seconds. I tried this combo over the course of a few games and even if I try to nit pick I'm having trouble nameing one bad thing about this combo. I think like Ghostface players running cool down add ons for night shroud, Clowns will run this combo as its pretty damn sweet. Maybe run the Aura reading instead of the Cork though, for the mindgames.


    I recommend you give it a go when you can. Be sure to tell me your thoughts

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1934218#Comment_1934218

    I like how you all tell me about that addon when in the original post i spoke about three addons....

    Which 3? You only stated one and that you liked the "new" aura reading one(if you mean the pink addon, that was the old one, or did you mean the cigar box? Because that one is 50/50).

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1933357#Comment_1933357

    No it's not the same

    Doctor isn't chasing after you with 5,06m/s movement speed and if the clown is smart and throws his gas ahead of the survivor you can't dodge it. Unless you just decide to not go to the safe zone but then you're screwed also.

    I know 10% extra movement speed doesn't seem much but you catch up almost twice as fast as doctor would.

    Running away from a loop is suicide in all bit the strongest parts of the maps.

    Also something you and op don't seem to grasp is that clown isn't freddy. You don't choose which gas you use in the beginning of the match you have them both.

    Yes purple gas on it's own is more usefull then yellow gas but combined you are closing the distance like a wraith with a yellow windstorm would without the need to uncloak

    from my games the yellow gas is just useless, you waste precious tonic charges

    every time when i outplayed someone at loop they had dead hard literary every time

    some survivors as i say just straigh up left the loop when i threw yellow gas and when i tried to slow them they can mostly easily dodge the slow gas because it now speards slower

    its straight up nerf to the clown except for the reload time

1 2 3 ›