Why are the odds of being sent to Gideon Meat Plant increased?

I get that it's what the devs do with new maps and what not, but it's terrible. We're given map offerings for a reason. I've gone to Gideon 9 times out of my 10 games today, and in 3 of them, people played an offering for it. If I play a sacrificial ward, there's an increased chance to get Gideon. If I play a map offering, I risk the chance of someone else playing a Jigsaw Piece and giving a 50% chance to be sent to Gideon. If there are no map offerings or sacrificial wards, there's an increased chance of being sent to Gideon. Either way, I have to waste every one of my map offerings just for a CHANCE to not be stuck in Gideon. I don't think they should mess with the rng of map selection. What do you guys think?

Comments

  • Personally I don't mind it when they increase the odds after updating a map; it gives people a chance to explore it and get used to it. Same with when a new killer comes out and most of your games are against them, it's good to get a period to practice a lot.

  • It does feel a bit like they up the chances of being sent to new maps when they drop.

  • The chances are increased because it's a map rework, so they increase the chances so people can play on the new map and get a good feel for it. They do the same with new maps. I like to call them "Featured maps" as you will basically play them every game. It will go away after a week or 2, best you can do it is deal with it or stop playing for a week.

  • @GuyNamedPubert said:

    The chances are increased because it's a map rework, so they increase the chances so people can play on the new map and get a good feel for it. They do the same with new maps. I like to call them "Featured maps" as you will basically play them every game. It will go away after a week or 2, best you can do it is deal with it or stop playing for a week.

    But that's my point. I shouldn't have to stop playing for a week or just deal with it. There are more maps than just Gideon. Couldn't there just be a slightly increased chance at getting the map rather than playing every single game on it?

  • You can always burn a map offering for another map.

  • Most people don't play that much, so it's to get them on the map in at least one of their 3-4 trials they play.

  • I've been hoping to go to Gideon to check out the new map. All I seem to do is end up surrounded by corn. Still haven't seen a reworked map.

  • @darkcloudlink said:

    I get that it's what the devs do with new maps and what not, but it's terrible. We're given map offerings for a reason. I've gone to Gideon 9 times out of my 10 games today, and in 3 of them, people played an offering for it. If I play a sacrificial ward, there's an increased chance to get Gideon. If I play a map offering, I risk the chance of someone else playing a Jigsaw Piece and giving a 50% chance to be sent to Gideon. If there are no map offerings or sacrificial wards, there's an increased chance of being sent to Gideon. Either way, I have to waste every one of my map offerings just for a CHANCE to not be stuck in Gideon. I don't think they should mess with the rng of map selection. What do you guys think?

    they probably are increased right now, it's one of the two maps they did graphical updates on and they want people to see them.