Pig change idea #4

Changes to her RBTs (no RNG): Getting rid of the RNG while keeping the time-wasting part of her traps

Each time a generator is completed, a survivor has their RBT activated.

  • When a survivor's RBT is activated, the survivor will have to search two boxes out of the four other boxes on the map to get it off before it activates.
  • If a survivor begins to unhook a survivor, heal a teammate, being healed, or repair a generator with another survivor while wearing an inactive trap, that survivor will have to search a third jigsaw box. Your timer on the UI will glow orange and beep. Can be seen by anyone.
  • The Pig will receive the killer instinct on any survivor cooperating with other survivors with an inactive trap for 3 seconds.
  • Jigsaw boxes will spread out more on maps to compensate a little bit for a guaranteed number of boxes to search. There will still be four and the survivor with a RBT can search any of them in any order.
  • Survivors can't escape with an RBT regardless if it is activated or not. Trying to escape through the exit gates will immediately sacrifice the survivor with a RBT.
  • Increase the jigsaw box search time from 12 to 15 seconds. (buff)
  • Increase the rarity of "The last will" addon from uncommon to very rare.

With these changes, I of course intend to take away the RNG aspect of the Pig's RBT while keeping the stall part. I also added the killer instinct (can be taken out if you think it is a bit weird) and punishment for working with other survivors to force the survivors with RBT on them to focus on getting their RBT off. I also brought back the rule that survivors can't escape with a RBT regardless if it is active or not because it will allow her to have a stronger endgame to have better pressure and send survivors into more of a panic.


Changes to ambush (I am really struggling to come up with a fix for the actual dash part of the ambush to make it less predictable, I hope this helps). These changes will be more of a buff than a change to the dash.

Quality of life changes to the dash

  • POV when crouching is increased to be just above the height of grass
  • Movement speed when crouching is increased to 100%
  • The effect of the combat straps are now base kit
  • Missing an ambush attack is now equivalent to a missed basic attack
  • The Pig gains bloodpoints when uncrouching and hitting or grabbing a survivor within 5 seconds of doing so. The player will receive 250 bloodpoints for a hit and 600 for a successful grab.

The core changes to the dash

  • The shink noise from the blade made by crouching and uncrouching is removed from the survivors' perspective
  • The roar from charging the ambush now only happens when fully charging and starting the ambush action
  • Fully charging the ambush will show the animation of normal uncrouching to survivors, but at the end of the animation, the Pig roars and begins to dash. During the channel of the dash, the Pig is not slowed down as she was before.

You might say that putting the roar at the end of the dash might be too strong, but I don't think so. Maybe on a map like lery's it can be overwhelming, but I think it would be good to give the Pig this kind of pressure. It would also force survivors to you know, look around their surroundings more.

With these changes, I hope to make the dash just a little more easy to actually use in a chase and a more consistent power. This is pretty difficult and some help to create good ideas for how the dash works would be appreciated, just remember that the dash needs to be less predictable and useful in more loops without being OP.

What are your thoughts on this?

Comments

  • Here's my personal issue with your first (and I assume main) change to the Reverse Bear Trap: How do the Traps kill Survivors if you only ever have to search three at most? I very much understand that RBTs are a stalling tool first and a killing tool second, but there still needs to be SOME potential to kill because that's why the character exists in this game in the first place. What you're doing here is basically making it all but impossible for a Survivor to die to the RBTs (unless they try to leave with one because they don't know the RBT mechanics). If you do that, they're not death traps anymore, which completely defeats the whole idea of being death traps.

  • @TAG said:

    Here's my personal issue with your first (and I assume main) change to the Reverse Bear Trap: How do the Traps kill Survivors if you only ever have to search three at most? I very much understand that RBTs are a stalling tool first and a killing tool second, but there still needs to be SOME potential to kill because that's why the character exists in this game in the first place. What you're doing here is basically making it all but impossible for a Survivor to die to the RBTs (unless they try to leave with one because they don't know the RBT mechanics). If you do that, they're not death traps anymore, which completely defeats the whole idea of being death traps.

    Ik that was the problem I couldn't figure out how to change without making the power too strong and complex while keeping it without RNG. I want it to keep the stall without randomness, but the small chance of killing is pretty hard to add to this. I tried to reduce the timer by 30 seconds if someone was wearing a trap that is activated and someone completes a gen, but some said that this was too strong I believe. I am now having trouble finding a way for the RBTs to have a little lethality.