I'd actually rather not have the hook count as killer

If it showed how many times each survivor had been hooked then yeah, great. I was also fine with keeping track in my head, either way was fine.

But trying to compromise with this counter does not help. I still need to keep count for each survivor like before, but now I have this this thing taking up space and flashing at me to let me know I've just hooked someone.

Comments

  • Been discussing the lack of separate hook information for a while and i have to agree that if they're not going to change they're mind they should give the option to turn it off.

    But i would rather they just give killers the same hook widget as survivors,

    The dev's comments of "the concern we have is this would encourage tunneling a bit too much" seems completely illogical to me considering if a killer is going to tunnel they'll still do exactly what they do now and go back to the hook as soon as the survivor is unhooked and only chase them with no need for the counter.

    @madminer95 said:

    So survivors are being given a separated hook widget to let them know when to take hits to prevent someone on death hook going down or to prevent them wasting time running to unhook if someone's on death hook.

    But killers are being denied the same information with the excuse that it "would encourage tunneling" despite actual tunneling wouldn't be effected because a killer is going to tunnel they'll still do exactly what they do now and go back to the hook as soon as the survivor is unhooked and only chase them.

    in that same conversation they state they don't see tunneling as an issue, they see it as a valid tactic.

    this really begs the question why should a killer have to remember each survivors hook state but the survivors be given that information freely?