Appeal from the PerkByDayLight community

Hi everyone!


I am the creator of the PerkByDaylight community

For those that don't know, this is a community in reddit dedicated to creating and sharing custom icons for DBD, changing how the perk icons and status icons look in-game, while also changing portraits. We even create ideas for perks as well!


With today's update 4.5.0, and the introduction of a new HUD, all in-game custom icons have been disabled. You are still able to view custom icons in the menu and lobby.

As custom icons are modifying game files that always have a risk to trigger a ban, and neither BHVR or Easy anti-cheat will unban you for.

I am making this appeal for BHVR to possibly create a proper way for the community to have custom icons in game, or for the creation of a DBD workshop where players can share custom icons, no matter what system they are using.

The PerkByDaylight community has over 17400 subscribed members at the moment, and it brings me sadness to see this part of the community disappear.

I would love to discuss this with you as the community and the developers to hopefully bring custom icons in one way or the other.

Comments

  • I already miss my custom icons, they looked so pretty

  • I support you and your community.

    Sidenote( did you guys figure out how to get custom icons on console? I would love to do this)

  • Glad these modders/cheaters are finally getting banned long time coming.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I support you and your community.

    Sidenote( did you guys figure out how to get custom icons on console? I would love to do this)

    I would love custom icons in console

    @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Hi everyone!

    I am the creator of the PerkByDaylight community

    For those that don't know, this is a community in reddit dedicated to creating and sharing custom icons for DBD, changing how the perk icons and status icons look in-game, while also changing portraits. We even create ideas for perks as well!

    With today's update 4.5.0, and the introduction of a new HUD, all in-game custom icons have been disabled. You are still able to view custom icons in the menu and lobby.

    As custom icons are modifying game files that always have a risk to trigger a ban, and neither BHVR or Easy anti-cheat will unban you for.

    I am making this appeal for BHVR to possibly create a proper way for the community to have custom icons in game, or for the creation of a DBD workshop where players can share custom icons, no matter what system they are using.

    The PerkByDaylight community has over 17400 subscribed members at the moment, and it brings me sadness to see this part of the community disappear.

    I would love to discuss this with you as the community and the developers to hopefully bring custom icons in one way or the other.

    Hopefully they do add some sort of free way to get this on both steam and console because I had custom icons when I played on PC before I transferred to ps4. Would love to do the same on ps4

  • @pmcdcom said:

    Glad these modders/cheaters are finally getting banned long time coming.

    Custom icons are cheating? Get well bud.

  • @pmcdcom said:

    Glad these modders/cheaters are finally getting banned long time coming.

    Bruh, making some of your perks look better is not cheating.

  • I feel really sorry for you guys but expect to be ignored like the rest of us

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    I support you and your community.

    Sidenote( did you guys figure out how to get custom icons on console? I would love to do this)

    Sadly no, you would have to go through a lot of hoops to be able to change it, and to my knowledge no one has changed them yet

    @Slendy4321 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1930295#Comment_1930295

    I would love custom icons in console

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/225298/appeal-from-the-perkbydaylight-community

    Hopefully they do add some sort of free way to get this on both steam and console because I had custom icons when I played on PC before I transferred to ps4. Would love to do the same on ps4

    Yes! Ideally there would be a DBD workshop in-game, where you could upload your custom perks through a computer using your bhvr account and share to anyone in any system! (this is my idea of best case scenario)

    @pmcdcom said:

    Glad these modders/cheaters are finally getting banned long time coming.

    Can you elaborate on that? To my knowledge no one has been banned for using custom icons, and custom icons give no advantage whatsoever

  • @pmcdcom said:

    Glad these modders/cheaters are finally getting banned long time coming.

    You know that having Custom Icons isn't bannable since... I don't know how long? 2 years?

  • @bjorksnas said:

    I already miss my custom icons, they looked so pretty

    I miss my Star Wars Collection during the match. I want to see the Death Star when the Killer uses NOED! XD

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    I feel really sorry for you guys but expect to be ignored like the rest of us

    This is an appeal after all, I don't expect any miracles but I need to try my chances either way

  • It sucks. Killed my mood entirely to play this game.