Stupid Teammate Talk
Just had a match where the team was facing off against a Myers. He downed and hooked a person. I was the only one doing gens. And my two other High IQ teammates decided to hover near the hook and have Myers stare them down, then he easily reached Tier 2 and down the both in one hit. From then on the match was dreadful. Managed to get the gens down to one and constantly saving my dumb team so they can be a distraction. I was finally caught and killed. These morons cost us the match. What dumb teammate stories does everyone else have?
Comments
Recently I had a meg stand right by the generator, not working on it, but just kind of staring at it like she was getting ready to run. Then after like 30 seconds the killer showed up and she cheesed it out of there.
She made fantastic bait though.
Dumb teammate stories are as plentiful as stars in the sky. Of course, for ever one we have, someone else has one where we were the dumb teammate that let them down. The biggest danger in playing Survivor is the fact that it is easier to blame others for any failure. I'm not saying that blame isn't warranted, but easy access to it is a trap. Killers, at least, have fewer obvious people to blame. That is one of the reasons some people feel Killer is more stressful.
When I see a dumb teammate(s) I get upset too. I've often wanted to come talk about it (at length) here, but usually I manage to restrain myself because I still remember when I was a total idiot. I also remember that no matter how good I've gotten (and I've a long way to go yet) I still make dumb moves today. I'm not saying it isn't healthy to vent about the stupidity, it might even be educational for some people to learn what is stupid in the first place, but I am saying it is a good to keep one's own history in context.
I love playing as Meg but it seems a lot of Megs are a meme and a joke. Most Megs suck.
I would give them slack if they were in the lower ranks. But I’m rank 5 and they were of similar rank. You would figure that high of a rank you wouldn’t pull a stunt like having a staring contest with a Myers. I think it’s good to vent on Forums as long as you don’t name the people. It’s therapeutic and brings people together so they can gripe lol.
I watched a rank 5 Jake today urban around the map literally the entire match. He had a toolbox and was also running saboteur. He periodically would sabo a hook then urban away but never once attempted a sabo play. The one moment he actually stood up and ran to pick up a slugged Laurie he was discovered because of his 2 seconds worth of scratchmarks and downed almost instantly. Meanwhile a second Laurie was stealthing at a Z wall so long that she got crows. Oh and to top it off I got to enjoy the majority of this as a spectator because I was farmed and tunnelled off the hook by the Spirit.. lollll...
Times like that it’s so hard not to just cut your losses and DC. I’ve had matches where the first gen hasn’t even been done yet and all other three survivors are down. I seriously just wanted to quit right there.
Believe me, I understand. I never get mad at the Killers; they are just doing their job. It is my teammates that push my buttons (all the time). Some of them are so dumb that I start to suspect they MUST be working with the Killer. My logic is nobody in the Red/Purple Ranks can be this brain dead. And sometimes the paranoid part of me suspects they must be using hacks because nobody that idiotic could have earned the Rank they hold.
Still, when I do a review of the videos I record of my games, and study my own performance, I find that I'm not near as good (or innocent) as I initially thought. I find that a few hours distance and a video to study what I did wrong is very healthy for perspective. I still see people doing idiotic things that trigger me, but I'm able to put it in a healthy context, i.e. what could "I" have done to do better in that game. Control the things you can control, and don't let the things beyond your control destroy your emotional balance. I can't claim credit for the sage wisdom; I got it from an Otz video.
Trust me. I keep floating between low red/high purple. I shouldn't be here at all. The game insists on putting me here. I'm so bad at this game.
Been hookbombed and farmed by a Yui with WGLF but no BT, while a Ghost Face with a Mori was proxy camping. Just one more second and I would've gone on my merry way into the sky and onto the next match, but nooo, let's take a selfie first.