Tips for the Spirit
Hello fellow killers,
I tried playing the Spirit recently and even if I didn't do very well (thanks Rancor...) I had a lot of fun playing her. It's nice to surprise survivors by appearing next to them.
Do you have any tips for playing her? I'm rank 11 and the only meta-perk I have is Nurse calling (no BBQ or whatever).
Many thanks !
Comments
My build for her without addons...
The Ultimate Spirit Build: Predator, Ruin, Nurses Calling and BBQ (If u wanna Farm) or NOED (If something goes wrong). Keep in mind that if u dont have lv 3 of these perks they wont help you.
Spirit is harder than Nurse to play, u better start practicing on every match because making a guide for this would take too long.
Now that u have my build for STOMPING Rank 1s, u just have to play her more often so u can GIT GUD with her...
Good Luck!
Btw, she is not addon dependant at all, they can give u buffs, but the victory is achieved by your personal skill, not by addons in this case.
I really have to get Ruin, it annoys me as a survivor
I'll train with her and loose a few ranks in the process but I think she's great.
The map helped me a lot (the game), so far I had only mcmillan and coldwind farm, I always loose them there.
She is a killer built for tunneling, just like leatherface was built for camping.
Dont try to distinguish between different survivors in phase walk, always go for the injured (moaning) one, even though if survivors will be salty afterwards.
Also I have heard that for devour hope and MYC, the distance of the husk is actually the relevant one, but I havent tested it myself yet
I mainly use Spirit with Rancor, Nurses Calling, NOED, and Make Your Choice. Sometimes I switch Spies out but that perk usually tells you stuff the game already shows you (unless the clue is behind you)
As far as tips I just guard all the gens, don't go for the loopers who will infinite you causing you to waste time and then all gens are done, and use phase walk accordingly. For instance, I will hook a surv, walk away, then phase walk back to insta down the rescuer (Make Your Choice) She is especially great end game when NOED is active and you just phase walk to the door and down the person opening it. They get so salty.
And sometimes I won't down a surv after I hit them once. I find it effective to injure all the survs first and then down each of em from there. This will cause them to be in a state of panic, they will either always be trying to block you from putting their teammate on a hook, or trying to blind you, etc. Even if they attempt to heal, you just spot and down with nurses calling. Then Make Your Choice... it can get really bad really fast lol
Haunted Ground with Ruin is a must IMO. If I play a round as a Survivor and I see that Ruin hex, I immediately begin looking for the totem. If you mix in Haunted Ground, now you have 2/3rds of a chance of getting some good time to one hit Survivors. Other perks I feel are dealer's choice, I personally run Deerstalker and Monitor and Abuse.
Now, I play on PS4 so my strat works better than PC, but I use Haunting to ambush at gens. Monitor and Abuse allows me to get slightly closer to gens without triggering Survivors, but I get as close as I dare before activating Haunting to speed at a gen. This is where listening really helps cause if I hear that gen being worked on I can pop out and either get a hit in or if I'm lucky pull a Survivor off the gen.
Unrelated to Spirit, but I run Deerstalker cause I always slug the third to last Survivor. I've escaped to many games as a Survivor by waiting near the hatch while my last teammate dies (Say what you will, but if I'm injured I'm less likely to rescue you and I expect no less from fellow Survivors.) Deerstalker lets me leave them to die while I buy myself time to find the last Survivor. Once the last Survivor is on the hook where they belong, I just go back to where I left the third and look around the area. After thirty seconds or so I tend to find them hiding in a corner.
BBQ, Ruin, Stridor and M&A (as for now, 'till she gets sound fix) - enjoy.