May I suggest a change to Autodidact to make it somewhat viable?

I love this perk cause it's mad fun when it actually works but I've noticed some games where I go without hitting a single skill check, basically making it worthless. The infrequency of skill checks due to RNG really hold it back so I want suggest some changes to make it semi-viable.

Change 1: Healing a survivor up to 80/60/40 percent guarantees one skill check.

So pretty self explanatory. Healing a survivor up to a certain percentage would guarantee at least one Skill check per heal. It would negate ######### RNG and blasting through double healing with teammates while making it a very strong perk during late game heals.

Change 2: While healing another survivor, chances to trigger skill checks is increased by 25/30/35 percent.

While this keeps the perk RNG based, an increased frequency in skill checks while healing would be nice and fix the main issue with the perk. In a way, it would likely (Keyword here) guarantee in at least one skill check every time you heal a survivor while still being random.

What do you guys think? Too powerful or not enough? Is Autodidact fine as it is?

Comments

  • The only problem with Auto Didact is sometimes you don't get skillchecks. I rather Change 3: Healing another survivor 100% causes a skillcheck.