Perks for the scrapped Teacher killer.
I wanted to make a killer based off of the scrapped Teacher, but I couldn't come up with a power that fits the name "Detention" and remains original and balanced in comparison to the other killers.
I came up with some perks, though. I based them off the idea of punishing inefficiency while simultaneously stalling progress, fitting the idea of an abusive, unfair teacher.
Underpreform (The only one with an existing sprite. Look it up.)
You ostracize those who don't measure up to your standards.
The survivor with the least time repairing generators becomes the Object of Obsession.
Whenever the Obsession fails a skillcheck, gain a token. Whenever the Obsession succeeds a skillcheck, lose a token. Whenever the a different survivor becomes the Obsession, tokens are set to one.
All effects are cumulative.
1-3 tokens: the Obsession preforms all actions 3/4/5% slower per token.
4-5 tokens: whenever a survivor unhooks the Obsession, a random generator that isn't being worked on begins regressing.
6 tokens or more: whenever the Obsession begins cleansing a totem or repairing a generator, their aura is revealed for 3/5/7 seconds.
Note: this seems a bit powerful. Any suggestions for a change?
Hex: Recess (The sprite would be a generator inside of a jungle gym)
You need a break, and you've decided that the survivors do too.
Whenever a generator is fully repaired, you call upon the Entity to block all other generators for 10/15/20 seconds.
If a generator is being worked on when it is blocked, it explodes and begins regressing.
Note: I feel like there's already a perk like this, but I can't remember.
Extra Credit (The sprite would be a person working on a large stack of paperwork)
You and the Entity have decided to give the survivors extra work for extra credit.
The first 1/2/3 generators that are fully repaired do not count for keys or for powering the exit gates.
There will be at least 7/8/9 generators on the map at the start of the trial.
Survivors gain an additional 15/30/45% bloodpoints in the objective category.
Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone have any ideas for the power? I was thinking something along the idea of teleporting to hooks while carrying a survivor or being able to hear survivors better.
This was clearly intended to be a punisher killer like Pyramid Head, the Trapper or the Pig. I was thinking that the Teacher would be an easy killer, with a power designed to teach new players the ropes, like how to work as a team or preserve pallets for later looping opportunities.
Comments
Underperform seems useless? You lose tokens when skill checks are hit and only get them on fails? Like you're almost never going to get more than a single stack on this.
Problem with hex: recress. Generators do not regress by any means while blocked. I think the idea was a generator being worked gets 20 seconds worth of regression for free, but while blocked gens dont lose progress to regression, which is an intended mechanic. Don't believe me? Try using repressed alliance and blocking a gen thats almost done when facing ruin, when the gen unblocks it will have lost no progress. Still seems pretty good though.
Extra credit. This would be incredibly overpowered. Additionally there are already 7 generators in the trial.
Extra credit is very overpowered, but otherwise good job!
The idea is that the Teacher would be mainly for low ranks, so if matchmaking was ever fixed then Underpreform would be to help teach new survivors to help out their team. We have a problem with survivors not helping their team, if you haven't noticed. But, notably, you are very correct. Maybe I should make it so that it punishes survivors for not working at all, as opposed to making work harder for them.
I was thinking that Hex: Recess would have a special thing where generators blocked with it can still regress. Also, it would work a bit as an information perk, allowing you to know which gens were being worked on.
Maybe Extra Credit could also increase repair speed significantly? Like maybe 25/40/55%?