Toolbox opinion

This was especially true for me after the toolbox nerf but even before then, I believe that bringing toolboxes to Sabo hooks is better (by better, I mean more fun) than bringing toolboxes to rush gens.

Sure you can argue that using a toolbox on a gen is more efficient and allows the match to end quicker but I'm not necessarily there to have quick matches. I want fun games. And to me, there's few things for fun on the survivor side than a well timed hook sabo that either allows your teammate to wiggle out, or makes the killer drop your teammate and angrily chase you.

But that's just me

Comments

  • I'd find it hard for anyone to say using a toolbox on a gen is fun. It literally changes nothing in regards to game play, the bar just moves faster.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I'd find it hard for anyone to say using a toolbox on a gen is fun. It literally changes nothing in regards to game play, the bar just moves faster.

    I guess to rephrase what I was trying to say, I think bringing a toolbox into a match at all with the intent to use it on a gen is a waste of a toolbox. Toolboxes should be used for sabo and nothing else.

    The only time I use a toolbox on a gen is if the killer is on the way and has PGTW and my gen is very close to being done.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1922141#Comment_1922141

    I guess to rephrase what I was trying to say, I think bringing a toolbox into a match at all with the intent to use it on a gen is a waste of a toolbox. Toolboxes should be used for sabo and nothing else.

    The only time I use a toolbox on a gen is if the killer is on the way and has PGTW and my gen is very close to being done.

    Waste of a toolbox? No I can't agree with that statement. It progresses your objective towards winning faster.

    Generally speaking, using it on a hook is just for more fun purposes. You may get a rare hook prevention with it, but against most good killers that isn't happening.