Is matchmaking worse with crossplay off?

I just turned crossplay off for the first time since it came out, and as a rank 2 currently, I went against a rank 11 killer and rank 10 team mates.

Queue time was still instant though.

Thoughts?

Comments

  • Lately I see many players on ps4 than on PC with crossplay enabled and I see more toxicity in them than in PC.

  • @AmberClad said:

    Technically yes, if you have it on, the matchmaking has a larger pool to pull from.

    I typically keep it off for various reasons.

    I notice almost no differences usually. Takes me just as long to find a game with it on then with it off.

  • @Jarol said:

    Lately I see many players on ps4 than on PC with crossplay enabled and I see more toxicity in them than in PC.

    I turned it off because at night it was taking me 10 minutes to find a lobby just to get 3 console team mates ranks 15-20. Want to see if I can get red ranks team mates at night with it off. :/

  • Another thing I'm noticing is when trying to dodge lobbies I keep on seeing the same team mates over and over again lol.

  • I tested this once to see if I get faster Survivor queues and yes, they are faster since PC Players play Survivor and Killer equally while console plays Survivor for the most part.

    BUT, you will play against some really sweaty and good Killers and also against some really sweaty Survivors. On PC at least, not sure how it is on console.

    But most of them were good sports and nice people even if they were strong as fudge.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1910036#Comment_1910036

    I turned it off because at night it was taking me 10 minutes to find a lobby just to get 3 console team mates ranks 15-20. Want to see if I can get red ranks team mates at night with it off. :/

    The weirdest thing is that when I exit a session quickly and look for one instantly, it redirects me to the team that I left, even Killer.

  • @Jarol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1910051#Comment_1910051

    The weirdest thing is that when I exit a session quickly and look for one instantly, it redirects me to the team that I left, even Killer.

    Exactly the same thing.

  • @MrDardon said:

    I tested this once to see if I get faster Survivor queues and yes, they are faster since PC Players play Survivor and Killer equally while console plays Survivor for the most part.

    BUT, you will play against some really sweaty and good Killers and also against some really sweaty Survivors. On PC at least, not sure how it is on console.

    But most of them were good sports and nice people even if they were strong as fudge.

    Yea I have noticed that. A lot of sweaty killers so far. Havent tried killer yet with it off

    Edit: not so much nice sports, so far I've been called a f** twice in what 6 matches? Lol

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1910170#Comment_1910170

    Yea I have noticed that. A lot of sweaty killers so far. Havent tried killer yet with it off

    Edit: not so much nice sports, so far I've been called a f** twice in what 6 matches? Lol

    Ok, maybe I was just lucky then. I had good sports or people who didn't say anything.