A new hatch standoff?
Playing on coldwind and killed two of the survivors and found the hatch but one of the survivors had picked up a key from one of the survivors i had killed to avoid a key escape. I saw the survivor running toward the hatch and cut them off standing on the hatch to block the opening prompt. My question is if i smack the survivor do i lose collision allowing them to open the hatch even if im standing on it? Because now because of this stupid item im guaranteed to lose one or both anyway (idk if i get collision back quick enough to prevent the other survivor from just jumping in). So guess im outplayed by a item?
Comments
Tru3talent put a video up last week were he killed someone with a key and after the key dropped the hatch spawned right next to it. He blocked the key for a little bit but then hit the survivor and they were able to pick up the key he was on and also open the hatch before he could do anything about it.
Unless you are playing a one hit down killer they will get the hatch if you hit them.
You lose collision with only the one person you hit. Not much you can do in that situation. Maybe hit the key holder let the 1 key out then slam the hatch close on the others. It's a extremely rare occasion that this happens. I've got about 700hrs in and I've gotten into this situation twice both as clown.
Game 1. 3 still alive key holder hooked near hatch. No choice but to face camp her. Went away just far enough for one of the 2 David's to unhook her. Had to throw bottles at them to slow them down enough so I get on it first. Hit the 2 Davis without moving... some time passes they run the girl keys out closed hatch on the 2 David's. Killed one of them and the other escaped.
Game 2. Only 1 left alive with key target was healthy I was standing on top of hatch, EGC was active. One of the gates was very close and in sight. Literally nothing I can do there if I even move or hit her she keys out or opens gate. All I could do just just keep throwing bottles at her to cancel the animation to make it take longer. Still gets out.