Mettle of Man is Almost Useless
I never bothered using Mettle of Man since it got nerfed ages ago, and now I see why.
I've been playing a lot of matches with it recently, desperately trying to merely activate the perk. If it's going to be 3 protection hits how about making protection hits easier to achieve? The last game I played I deliberately went out of my way to take the hit for an injured survivor (while close to them) at least 3 times and I only got the "distraction" scoring event every single time.
So my suggestion is either make protection hits count when they should or at least drop the requirement of the perk to 2 protection hits.
The only way to get the perk to even activate requires wasting precious time that could be used on generators, and even then I can't seem to have enough luck to get it to activate.
I doubt this will bring about any change, but I felt the need to make the suggestion because this perk used to be an instant classic; now it's almost a waste of a perk slot.
Comments
I agree they should either drop it to two or make it so you can get it in other ways like safe in hooks. Also if that's to much they can bring it up to 4 after it's been tried on PTB.
It does need a change though because if you really want to do it now you literally have to risk throwing the match to have a chance to.
Wait, did protection hits break then?
They did fix them a while back so they make more sense.
They are still broken and inconsistent.