Match making for semi beginners

Hello, can someone explain me how this thing works ? I have 200 hours and reached red rank, I faced some 1500 hours players. I was saying to myself that's because of the premades, so why not, and since I hit rank 3-2, I face like ONLY survivors with between 700 and 5000 hours. I thought there was a match making based onour stats, so why am I facing perma looping survivors who make 5 gens in 3 minutes. Is there some planned updates on this, or will have I to perma rq games until go in purple and green ranks ?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Yes the high ranks are full of people who have played the game a lot. If you want to improve though you will learn faster playing with/against or spectating these players.

    It's a bit of a shame as the majority of matches are either laughably easy or extremely difficult, at least that's been my experience (as both Killer and Survivor)

  • Right now Matchmaking itself is based around ranks, it's completely irrespective of hours played....that's often why matches feel unbalanced imo because there's such a range of skill at this level as it's not difficult to reach red ranks.

    We're shortly reintroducing MMR which will be more of a skill based matchmaking system which should eliminate these frustrations and create more balanced matches for players.

  • Let´s just hope that hour count will play a major role in the new MMR. Even if a baby <1k hrs Survivor does well against baby Killers, this doesnt mean he can go against 5k+ hrs Nurse mains despite his "statistics" indicating he does well in chase.

  • Matchmaking in this game has always been wonky, but really the problem is ranking (which the matchmaking is based on) is broken and doesn't reflect anything even close to actual skill and experience in the game. There are a lot of people at Red Ranks who don't really belong there (I am one of them), but it happens because this game awards rank participation trophies like candy.

  • @Mandy said:

    Right now Matchmaking itself is based around ranks, it's completely irrespective of hours played....that's often why matches feel unbalanced imo because there's such a range of skill at this level as it's not difficult to reach red ranks.

    We're shortly reintroducing MMR which will be more of a skill based matchmaking system which should eliminate these frustrations and create more balanced matches for players.

    I'd say its based upon anything but ranks. My last 4 games have all featured players from green, purple and grey ranks. I got screenshots to prove it but I don't think I have to since many other people are experiencing the 'taste the rainbow' matchmaking system as well. Its awful, and something is definitely being factored in besides ranks.

  • @Mandy said:

    Right now Matchmaking itself is based around ranks, it's completely irrespective of hours played....that's often why matches feel unbalanced imo because there's such a range of skill at this level as it's not difficult to reach red ranks.

    We're shortly reintroducing MMR which will be more of a skill based matchmaking system which should eliminate these frustrations and create more balanced matches for players.

    Oh, didn't know there was no MMR anymore, since I faced some red ranks when I was like rank 15. But good to know it'll come back

  • @JPA said:

    Yes the high ranks are full of people who have played the game a lot. If you want to improve though you will learn faster playing with/against or spectating these players.

    It's a bit of a shame as the majority of matches are either laughably easy or extremely difficult, at least that's been my experience (as both Killer and Survivor)

    I don't know... I learnt pretty fast when I was facing ppl with 500-1000 hours, but when you encounters 2000h players or really good ones, you're just hard crushed, can't do anything but being mad in chat. Talking as 100% killer player, where nobody can carries me.

  • @Jplemalin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1903643#Comment_1903643

    I don't know... I learnt pretty fast when I was facing ppl with 500-1000 hours, but when you encounters 2000h players or really good ones, you're just hard crushed, can't do anything but being mad in chat. Talking as 100% killer player, where nobody can carries me.

    I guess just try and notice what the difference is between the 1000 and 2000h players. I'm guessing it will be cleaner looping and winning mind games.

    It helps to watch streamers I guess.

    Also try and pick one Killer to focus on, I've been jumping between Killers, I want to try each one, but I still get disappointed if I don't do well with one, which is crazy, as they all play very differently.

  • Also you mentioned you are 100% a Killer player? I'd highly recommend playing some survivor too.

  • @JPA said:

    Also you mentioned you are 100% a Killer player? I'd highly recommend playing some survivor too.

    I kinda hate that gameplay, I watch some survivor stream, but I really don't want to play it for now. Maybe later with friends