Self-Care change and the problem with perks being a guaranteed pick.

So this is coming from a killer main who play some survivor, probably 75/25 tilted towards killer, but hear me out.

Any perk, on either side that is a 100% needed slot, is bad game balance. The game should encourage varied perk options and builds on either side, and if a perk is required as much as SC is, then that's bad for the game. I don't think nerfing healing speed, or stopping you SC during chases would solve the issue of it being so needed. Playing a game as survivor without either SC or a Medkit for self healing is just magnitudes worse than with it.

So my idea would be to remove it completley from the game, and instead give all survivors a 10% base self heal. This would still encourage medkits , and healing from teammates, but give everyone at least the option to heal themselves in a pinch, whilst freeing up a perk slot.

Comments

  • Oh wait… I got something for you.^^

  • I literally encountered teammates who refused to heal me so I run SC. I'm not proud of if but at least i don't use DS.
  • Why you need an excuse for running SC?
    It's the strongest perk available, why would you not use it?
    I am a killer main, but when I play survivor for sure I run SC as well, but I do not pretend that the perk is balanced. I know it is very powerful and in need of balancing.


  • Howdy fellow killer main.

    You forgot to mention that ruin and BBQ shoudl be built in too :wink: