Protection hits seem pretty inconsistent...
I like to run WGLF because it encourages altruistic playstyles, but getting a stack for protection hits seems really inconsistent. The wiki says I have to be within 10 metres of an injured survivor when taking the hit, but I've been almost right next to injured teammates before when getting bitchslapped, and it didn't count; but then I'll get a stack for taking a hit when I'm a lot further away from them. It's... a bit of a pain. What's the deal with this?
Comments
It's always seems to be very finicky. I've had protection hits where there were no survivors near me (I suppose they might have been hiding really well right next to me). I've had protection hits not register when I was so close to a survivor I think I owe them breakfast tomorrow morning.
Really the only surefire way to get the protection hit is if they are being carried by the killer. I've never been hit that way and not gotten the protective hit.