DBD's Lack of Endgame Content And Possible Solutions
So it's no real secret that getting to rank 1 in Dead by Daylight is largely pointless. There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow so to speak. You don't "get" anything. Well, I suppose you get the satisfaction of having a #1 next to your name along with the privilege of playing against tougher opponents. But that is it. What I would like to see happen is for there to be a reward for being rank 1 along with some possible long term goal to achieve. This is personally what I would like to see happen:
-Extend season to two months.
-Upon reaching rank 1 players can not lose rank.
-Special rank 1 pips earned.
- Each rank 1 pip earned gives 10,000 bonus blood points. These bonus blood points are not effected by multipliers.
- No cap to number of these pips.
- Number of rank 1 pips displayed below rank, similar to devotion for player level.
- Number of rank 1 pips effects match making.
-Special skins should be rewarded at end of season if a certain number of rank 1 pips are earned.
- An arbitrary goal example might be 150 pips.
- Killers have an infernal skins line (for example).
- Survivors have an heavenly skin line (for example).
All of this would equate to better match making, more motivation to reach rank 1, and more motivation to perform well at rank 1.
Comments
the grind isnt bad and they give events every few months.
Wow. Someone who actually thinks that "endgame is fine". I legit haven't seen that before.
Anywho, I don't think I know of any game with a ranking system where people systemically try to de-rank. That's how bad it is. The queue times at rank 1 are atrocious because no one wants to be there, there is no incentive to it. Ranking up only results in longer queue times and more cancerous games.
You can scream "but the challenge is the reward!!!1!" until your lungs are blue, it won't change the fact that a large number of players find that inadequate to the point of purposefully deranking, ruining the ranked system for everyone from rank 1 to 15. Exclusive skins for placing rank 1-5 at the end of a 2-3 month season would be nice, but I'd settle for even just Iridescent Shards. Just... anything really.
"I personally don't have this problem therefor the problem doesn't exist" /endofallworldproblems
Seasons should take 3 months like they do for the new content release. We need more ranks. Since the devs borrowed the roadmap from R6, let's borrow some more from there. Ranks should be divided in divisions. Copper, silver, etc. With shards or premium currency as reward at the end of the season. Of course, ranking up should be harder, and the game needs some balancing around the top ranks.
A unranked mode would be nice too.
Getting to rank 1 and earning 150 pips isn't the kind of thing that you could do last minute. This is something that would take dedicated play over a period of time. And besides, if you are earning 10k a rank 1 pip, you'll want to get to rank 1 and play well to earn those bonus points.
I guess I just don't see it as a problem. Those kind of pips aren't easy to grind. Let's just say you are god tier and gain 2 pips each game. Let's hypothetically say you have an average of 15 minutes (including lobby time) per match. That is 8 pips per hour. That is incredibly optimistic, but let's go with it. That's a minimum of 18.75 hours of game time. Realistically, it would take most players at least 3 times that. I just don't see the issue myself.
thats not dbd, and rewarding it is not good for the game.
I see what you are worried about. Yeah, that wouldn't happen. I'm not saying it would never happen. Sure, there will always be farm games. But it wouldn't be the norm.
I think that if there are going to be any rewards for ending a season in rank 1, they should make ranking up harder first. Right now, it's just a grind and eventually you'll get there. There's not much challenge to it unless you go out of your way to give yourself one, like running no perks or using only No Mither. I think bonus bloodpoints are fine and exclusive skins would be cool, but I don't think it should be brought in until the rank system is looked over.
You'll notice that I didn't suggest giving a reward for making it to rank 1. I suggested giving a reward for making it to rank 1 and gaining 150 pips as a rank 1 player. And if 150 pips proves to be too easy to earn, then the number could always be increased.
Good idea, but I think that it would be better for the overall game if the ranking was looked at so that it was a challenge to reach rank 1 and rewards were given out accordingly.