Matchmaking

Anyone else thinks it takes too long sometimes to find a match? This is just a thought I had, but what about like a skirmish mode while you wait for a match like in Overwatch? You can run around the map and do whatever. Idk, just an idea.

Comments

  • Honestly my killer ques are instant.

    My red rank solo is almost instant.

    It takes a long time when I swf tho. Sometimes longer than the match itself.

  • @batmobile89 said:

    Anyone else thinks it takes too long sometimes to find a match? This is just a thought I had, but what about like a skirmish mode while you wait for a match like in Overwatch? You can run around the map and do whatever. Idk, just an idea.

    I think it depends on the time of day , I would be ok for something like this but I feel the devs are banking on the new matchmaking fixing that issue

  • @Clevite said:

    Honestly my killer ques are instant.

    My red rank solo is almost instant.

    It takes a long time when I swf tho. Sometimes longer than the match itself.

    My solo survivor que in red rank takes normally 3 to 5 minutes, sometimes longer. It sucks.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1892285#Comment_1892285

    My solo survivor que in red rank takes normally 3 to 5 minutes, sometimes longer. It sucks.

    Damn, that sucks!

  • Time of day definitely plays a part in how quick the queue times are, which is why I wish there was a mode with bots. If I'm playing and queue times are high in my neck of the woods, then it would be nice to know that I can get games going instantly if I just hop into a custom game with bots.

  • Yeah I’ve noticed that getting into a game/match is almost instant in the morning but night time, it seems like it takes forever. For me, anyway.

  • When I do a 2 man SWF we're in the queue for usually around 10 - 15 minutes. Solo is around 7 minutes. Doesn't matter the time of day for me and I'm in NA. Killer is faster but I've had to wait upwards of over 5 minutes just to get into a lobby. And then there's the people who leave after joining the lobby but that's another can of worms. Both sides being red ranked.

    I would very much like some info on a possible fix or the fact the devs are aware about this and if they have something in mind about it. It's annoying when I have to play another game while I wait for this game to get me into a match. I've resorted to what Zubat did and played fall guys or something while waiting.

  • @Grimm120 said:

    When I do a 2 man SWF we're in the queue for usually around 10 - 15 minutes. Solo is around 7 minutes. Doesn't matter the time of day for me and I'm in NA. Killer is faster but I've had to wait upwards of over 5 minutes just to get into a lobby. And then there's the people who leave after joining the lobby but that's another can of worms. Both sides being red ranked.

    I would very much like some info on a possible fix or the fact the devs are aware about this and if they have something in mind about it. It's annoying when I have to play another game while I wait for this game to get me into a match. I've resorted to what Zubat did and played fall guys or something while waiting.

    Dude I feel this. I’m going through the exact same thing.

  • @batmobile89 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1893005#Comment_1893005

    Dude I feel this. I’m going through the exact same thing.

    It's brutal and needs to be addressed. I understand it's super hard to find the happy medium especially for matchmaking and I have no doubt that they've tried/are trying but when your players are starting to play other games while they wait for yours, well, that's not a good sign at all.