Survivor mains really out here

"So after seeing that killers got a new meta perk get nerfed after only 4 months of use, we here at BHVR are going to be nerfing Freddy as well, your thoughts survivor mains?"


" Yeah nerf NOED"

Comments

  • So your creating a discussion just to cause the community to argue with each other.

    Ok lad.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    So your creating a discussion just to cause the community to argue with each other.

    Ok lad.

    Well i did pose a question several times in the thread which i guess you did not read. Main post is just to grab attention. With the pop nerf, and the slated Freddy and undying nerfs, why would survivors want NOED nerfed. What do survivors want killers to have?

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1892458#Comment_1892458

    Doubt they'd ever make separate queues for solo, as every move the devs make is with not splitting the playerbase up & not punishing anyone always in mind. Besides SWF would never get a match, no matter what bribery is used to induce killers to do so, myself included.

    Can you explain why you wouldnt go against an swf if the match was balanced, and your chances of winning were the same than vs solo queue?

  • @Steah said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1893253#Comment_1893253

    Well i did pose a question several times in the thread which i guess you did not read. Main post is just to grab attention. With the pop nerf, and the slated Freddy and undying nerfs, why would survivors want NOED nerfed. What do survivors want killers to have?

    Only baby survivors want noed nerfed. I feel like the Undying nerfs made sense which is why I'm happy with the changes their making to it.

    Freddy unless I'm wrong I thought they only said they're looking at his add-ons.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1893235#Comment_1893235

    Can you explain why you wouldnt go against an swf if the match was balanced, and your chances of winning were the same than vs solo queue?

    Right now it is unbalanced, everyone knows this, but I'm convinced they will not separate the queues. Exactly how to achieve this balance is the hot hot debate.

  • Yet, my premise was that they seperate the queues and then balance each seperatly.

    You claimed that even under that circumstances swf would not find killers, and i want to know why.

    While the things you said are true, they are no answer to my question.

  • @Steah said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1892677#Comment_1892677

    The thing is while yes killers have strong perks a lot of them get get looked at. In the past year alone

    Ruin: Nerfed

    Undying: Slated to be nerfed

    Pop: Nerfed

    A lot of the survivors on here always seem to put a very heavy focus on the 1v1. "Well survivors need strong perks too, if killers can have Pop and STBFL shouldn't survivors get DS and Dead Hard?" And while that sounds good it's not looking into the bigger picture

    This a 4v1 game. I'm sorry but f you really think that any killer perk is as strong as 4 of any of the bets survivor perk then i really don't think we are playing the same game,

    This all be said though i am happy that a lot of the pretty weak/niche perks for survivors are getting buffed like fixated and the pebble. I'll have fun trying them out but i really don't think my killer matches will change at all.

    Ruin/Undying is a very strong combo, i won't disagree. But it's not like you can't play around it. Maps, Small game, Detective's hunch, these are all direct counters to Ruin/Undying and i saw them in less that 1% of my games since Ruin/Undying meta. Instead of adapting and sacrificing one perk slot out of 16 to stop this, survivors take to the forums and complain and 4 months later slated for a nerf.

    It's because 2nd chance perks for survivors are and will always be the best perks. The longer you can keep a killer off of you as a survivor the more time to can do gens and the easier the game is. So much so that so many survivors have the build basically permanently locked in. There were easy counters to stop this "oppressive" combo but most survivors were so unwilling to even give up one slot. Just one. Out of 16. One perk slot to get rid of two killer perks.

    And after all this there are still threads about how NOED should be nerfed or how Franklins demise should be nerfed. Like i'm honestly curious what do survivors want killers to have, is it ever okay for a killer to kill a survivor in their eyes?

    Yes and even after being nerfed, Ruin and Pop are still incredibly powerful. I certainly don't think they should be nerfed anymore than they already have and I honestly think Pop's nerfs are questionable but I digress.

    I can't say for certain on Undying but I do feel they're over doing the nerf on it. We'll have to see how it functions with Devour Hope and possible future Hex perks in its new form before we can say too much on whether Undying has gone from great to unusable.

    But yeah, I get where you're coming from. If it's any consolation I DO hope more things get looked at on survivors. I can't wait for the key rework either like that can't come soon enough and DS needs some serious looking at because in its current state it's silly.

  • @sulaiman said:

    Yet, my premise was that they seperate the queues and then balance each seperatly.

    You claimed that even under that circumstances swf would not find killers, and i want to know why.

    While the things you said are true, they are no answer to my question.

    This would mean playing killer would be different in those separate queues. In the SWF queue they'd likely be faster, use an additional perk, attack more quickly, special attack lasts longer (depending on power) or whatever buffs are applied to balance. So each player would have to relearn their killer while in that queue. The devs have already said they won't consider debuffing survs with things like longer repair times or limiting perks, so only the killer gameplay would be changed.

    No bloodpoint bonus or whatever imo is worth this.

  • @ukenicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1892731#Comment_1892731

    Yes and even after being nerfed, Ruin and Pop are still incredibly powerful. I certainly don't think they should be nerfed anymore than they already have and I honestly think Pop's nerfs are questionable but I digress.

    I can't say for certain on Undying but I do feel they're over doing the nerf on it. We'll have to see how it functions with Devour Hope and possible future Hex perks in its new form before we can say too much on whether Undying has gone from great to unusable.

    But yeah, I get where you're coming from. If it's any consolation I DO hope more things get looked at on survivors. I can't wait for the key rework either like that can't come soon enough and DS needs some serious looking at because in its current state it's silly.

    New ruin is a poorly thought out design. Devs said its suppose to be stronger later but it's a hex perk that tells everyone in the match it exists as soon as they let go of a gen. Considering how bad totem spots are its gonna get cleansed before it matters. The fact you needed undying to make it do its job shows how poorly thought it is. Pop is still Pop but you can notice the 15 seconds on Trapper and Hag especially.

    Meanwhile survivors in the past year had what, toolbox nerfs, map nerfs that they kinda went back on with breakable walls, and thats really it.

    Meanwhile on top of the ruin nerf, pop gets nerfed, undying is gonna get nerfed, freddy is gonna get nerfed, moris got gutted and billy got nerfed.

    I mean yeah there were some minor things like the LF buff and some small quality of life things for legion, wraith and trapper as well as the minor clown buff coming up. But these are so minor in the big picture that they don't really matter. It would be like me saying that the Sabo rework and the Fixated buffs are massive difference makers for survivors.

  • They’re not gonna nerf NOED so this discussion is pointless.

1 2 ›