Game balance and matchmaking feedback
Hello. My level is 77, Survivor rank 8, Killer rank 16.
I'm experiencing horrible games and registered on this forum just to provide some feedback that would look for most people as a baby cry whos been owned in a match, but... I'm 29yo game designer and my complaint is quiet above things said above, and I wish developers could look into their game source and find a better solution to fix the problem.
Matchmaking: Make ability to access Loadout only before match search begin and make the matchmaking rather by perks and offerings. This will balance players the way where a high skilled Survivors with high rank - powerful perks will face the killers who would love to offer some kickback for their matter. Right now, as of level 16 Killer with only 1 basic perk (not leveled up) I end up in matches with up to 4th level survivors who simply hunting for the killer with their flashlights, abilities to speed up, accelerate after jumping through windows and blind the killer all the time. Let's be honest, ranked level means no crap in this game as I face many red-purple players (as I play recently solo) who simply dying/disconnecting in the first minute of the game.
Multiply bonus of each survivor. Make a score multiply for survivors who taking a role in objective and progressing through the game by helping other survivors to escape. With minimal required score archived, apply bonus for each survivor that escape thanks to your action. This fill theoretically fix the issue of solo players who play just to escape through the hatch and offer players goods for helping each other even more because I experience way to many situations where players just ruining your game or/and refusing to even literally heal you when the killer is somewhere across the entire map.
Add longer ban for disconnect (optional), like 10 minutes. Add penalty for leaving the game through Leave match during Trial like taking away fixed or % amount of your Blood Points and rank, like, heavy penalty.
Possible:
Rework perks loadout where some perks that share similar abilities like seeing survivors or applying speed boost not stockable with each other. In some games, perk loadout looks like a 4 slots where each low level perk requires 1 slot, but than higher level, then more slots each perk would require. F.ex. if you use purple perk of Self Care, then you can apply only 1 low level perk more.
Purple : 3 slots
Green : 2 slots
Yellow(?) : 1 slot
This would theoretically balance the overall perk balance and make survivors more like survivors instead of hunters that running around with unchaseable speed and lightning their flash lights like a light sabers on a killer, and killers would rather use specific perks as of their own play style instead of becoming a total machine of war.
Thank you for reading, and hope this will be seen. I really like this game, but how players behave and how perks can be combined really takes the whole fun out of it. It is more like a mouses and the cat game, not the god damned Battlefront.
Comments
Matchmaking is suppose to be implemented in the next update. Buy in my own personal opinion I've never seen any sort of matchmaking in this game work. I've only ever seen really pro survivors get really sucky potato killers.
With the perks. If your higher rank you should get less perks to use each match. If your red rank 3 perks gone, purple rank 2 perks gone, green rank 1 perk gone. It's about time time these over powered survivors are nerfed.
Rank can be lowered on purpose, such idea will only cause players ruining trials on purpose to get worse rank and use OP combinations of perks.
The matchmaking depends on your reputition. And its great!